hobbies / interest

Oh hey, Pate! Thanks for bringing up guns. I forgot to mention that I like to go shooting. :) I have a Smith & Wesson .357. It rocks. Be afraid, Bob, be VERY afraid. :D

@Deadheart: I may have to check out the Anita Blake stuff. I'm a bit leary of Laurel K. Hamillton. I've heard she does alot of mushy romancy things with her horror novels, and that kind of turns me off. I admit, it's hearsay, but it's enough to make me wary. However, if I find out if any of my friends have any of her stuff, I may borrow a book so I can check it out for myself. Thanks for the book recs! :)

I’ve had a lot of people say that music is my hobby but it’s not, it’s my passion. I have a lot of time on my hands and I spend most of it listening to music. I listen to it on the way to work, at work, on my way back from work, when I get home and before I go to sleep. Then on the weekends I go see live bands!! So yeah, thats far from a hobby.

I play bass for Bavmorda, most of the locals here have either heard of the band or seen us play, I’m also in another musical project at the moment that has yet to be named and is on the beginning stages but I’ve basically been in bands since I was 16. I’ve been playing Rickenbacker for years until recently. I prefer a 6-string nowadays.

I was born south of the border and been living in the U.S. for 11 yrs now, learning English was a goal of mine and I’d say I did pretty good. I plan to start learning a 3rd language sometime this year, it was supposed to start on January but my trip next week was going to cut into my “paid” class time so I decided to postponed it.

I collect paper money and I have over 500 different bills from all over the world, did you know there was once a 10 cent bill in the U.S.?
This is definitely my hobby since I spend a lot of time and money on it.

I’m a total history buff, as a kid I was really fascinated about stuff like the American Civil war, the Aztecs and the Conquista. 99% of my books and non music dvds are about history.

That’s about it for now.

I would consider music a hobby of mine. I like to collect CD's - my collection is pushing 1400 - and travel for shows (I've been to Europe for 2 Wacken's, 1 BG Open Air, and 1 Sweden Rock). I also got to see Arch Enemy in Japan during one of my visits.

I also been playing hockey for the past 23 years and play at least once a week. My current team has won 5 of the past 22 championships, doesn't sound like much, but the next closest has 2 in the same time frame.

I also dabble a little in playing the drums and even less playing the guitar. At this point, I would not be able to carry a tune in a bucket - but I'm getting better.

I also like to read anything Star Wars related and enjoy reading Forgotten Realms books - especially anything that has to do with Drizzt Do'Urden. I also collect Clone Troopers from Revenge of the Sith.

I also enjoy traveling (Japan, Canada, Mexico, England, Sweden, Norway, Germany, Netherlands, France, Italy, Austria, and Switzerland) and anything to do with the outdoors (camping, fishing, hiking) and working on my house.

Why does this sound like a personal ad?

That's about it...

Oh hey, Pate! Thanks for bringing up guns. I forgot to mention that I like to go shooting. :) I have a Smith & Wesson .357. It rocks. Be afraid, Bob, be VERY afraid. :D

@Deadheart: I may have to check out the Anita Blake stuff. I'm a bit leary of Laurel K. Hamillton. I've heard she does alot of mushy romancy things with her horror novels, and that kind of turns me off. I admit, it's hearsay, but it's enough to make me wary. However, if I find out if any of my friends have any of her stuff, I may borrow a book so I can check it out for myself. Thanks for the book recs! :)

No problem. :headbang: you're right about the Hamilton books, the first 5 or 6 books are great but after that she gets carried away with the sex stuff. They're still good books but it gets to be a little to much.

Well music is certainly a hobby and passion of mine, like Jose I pretty much live by it every second of the day, as well as collecting music related items.

I'm a big movie buff, I enjoy watching all different kinds of movies although I'm not so much of a fan of going to the movie theater.

Beyond that I love baseball and hockey, working on computers/electronics, cooking is a big hobby as well. I'd like to get back into some more outdoor stuff this summer like skating and biking. I also enjoy driving my car around, keeping it clean and pretty much anything that involves my car since it's my pride and joy

l_17f0afd29439deb7481bc3ce56f9f898.jpg

Lets see... music is by far my number one thing. I'm the singer in Eden's Fall. I'm even thinking about doing a side project of some sort but I'm not sure what I want to do. Any suggestions?

I also like sports, football and baseball mostly. I used to be a huge hockey fan but over the years I've lost all intrest in it.

I really enjoy mixed martial arts, what an outlet for frustration!

I'm an avid reader. Mosly dark fantasy, my favorites are Laurell K. Hamilton, Kim Harrison, Anne Rice, and Donna Boyd. I'm even working on my own novel but never seem to have time to spend on it.

I've recently taken up the production end of music. I've been teaching myself how to engineer, mix, and do sound replacement. I'm going to engineer my bands next album to save money on studio time so learning this stuff was pretty damn important!

Ok... that's all the sales pitch I can think of. :loco:

Lets see... music is by far my number one thing. I'm the singer in Eden's Fall. I'm even thinking about doing a side project of some sort but I'm not sure what I want to do. Any suggestions?

I also like sports, football and baseball mostly. I used to be a huge hockey fan but over the years I've lost all intrest in it.

I really enjoy mixed martial arts, what an outlet for frustration!

I'm an avid reader. Mosly dark fantasy, my favorites are Laurell K. Hamilton, Kim Harrison, Anne Rice, and Donna Boyd. I'm even working on my own novel but never seem to have time to spend on it.

I've recently taken up the production end of music. I've been teaching myself how to engineer, mix, and do sound replacement. I'm going to engineer my bands next album to save money on studio time so learning this stuff was pretty damn important!

Ok... that's all the sales pitch I can think of. :loco:

have you read World War Z?

No. I've never even heard of it. What's it about?

It is a great book where basically it is a series of interviews taken after a 10 year zombie plague that happened. Each interview is kind of like a short story but all tell the horror and mess ups each country went through. You see what countries adapted and were cold blooded just to stay alive and how people survived.
People who dont like horror or fantasy loved this book too even. It is a nice quick read even at something like 300 pages. I cant recommend it enough to anyone interested in this type of thing.

It is a great book where basically it is a series of interviews taken after a 10 year zombie plague that happened. Each interview is kind of like a short story but all tell the horror and mess ups each country went through. You see what countries adapted and were cold blooded just to stay alive and how people survived.
People who dont like horror or fantasy loved this book too even. It is a nice quick read even at something like 300 pages. I cant recommend it enough to anyone interested in this type of thing.

Cool! I'm putting it at the top of my read next list. Thanks. :kickass: