How should I listen to Bath/Leaving Your Body Map?

Desertsands

Feb 28, 2006
I know that Bath and Leaving Your Body Map are connected, and the connection is the 'Secret Song'.

Now, I wanted to ask what is the order the tracks should be listened to:

1) 10 original tracks from Bath, then Secret Song, then 10 original LYBM tracks
2) 10 original tracks from LYB, then Secret Song, then 10 original Bath tracks
3) some other way around?

Having enjoyed listening to these albums seperately, I would like to listen to them in the right order without stopping, to get the full experience. So, what's the right order?

Thanks in advance.

play each track in reverse, and use the squares of the fibonacci sequence. after dividing each one by 7.6 then rounding up to the nearest whole number you should get a sequence of track numbers. thats the correct order, any other order is completely wrong, you just gotta trust me, it sounds so much better this way.

I'm going to have to take a wild stab at this and say Bath comes first. Only because of the sequence of the Interlude tracks.

Bath, LYBM, and Secret Song, but I don't think it's so much a "you must listen from beginning to end to understand it"; the Secret Song has always been presented as a "key" to unlock the albums after study and scrutiny, so I would guess the best way would be to think about the lyrics and song structures and booklet and all that and skip around, targeting specific songs that might hold a secret and seeing how they connect?

Yep, what pixiesfan said.

I just got Toby's solo album the other night. Lit up some candles, turned out the lights, put on the headphones and floated away to a dark place that made me all warm and fuzzy inside.

I always know Bath is first because it says Dark 12 and Leaving Your Body Map says Dark 13.

I just ordered the reissues, woo! Only heard the secret song once and later lost the mp3 because I'm not terribly good at technology.

Burzumite said:
I'm going to have to take a wild stab at this and say Bath comes first. Only because of the sequence of the Interlude tracks.

Oh yeah, I should have thought about that...

xfer said:
Bath, LYBM, and Secret Song, but I don't think it's so much a "you must listen from beginning to end to understand it"; the Secret Song has always been presented as a "key" to unlock the albums after study and scrutiny, so I would guess the best way would be to think about the lyrics and song structures and booklet and all that and skip around, targeting specific songs that might hold a secret and seeing how they connect?

Cool, that made it much more clear. I still don't get any message, but I suppose I never will, because you should understand the lyrics much better to get the whole message and English is only my third language! Well, as long as I can enjoy the music, I am happy!

I just listen to Bath, and then LYBM. What the hell is this talk of a secret song? o.o

I thought I read that baths are one recommendation for relaxing your body before attempting to astrally project. So taking that into account, I always thought the Bath album was meant to be listened to first. Sort of like Bath is supposed to be some kind of prep for the shit that'll go down in LYBM.