I made a white metal compilation.

Helm

Maybe on Luna
Mar 30, 2002
www.suctionfunnel.com
The buildings are made of gold!
The sun shines bright out of a blue, a clear blue sky!
The streets are clean!
The people laugh!
The animals are free!
No hate - no one cries!

No industry pollutes the water!
The sea is filled with movement and life!

No more distrust!
No more disgust!
And no more war!
Peace forevermore!

The governments scrap all the useless weapons!
They are not to be bribed any longer!
Everyone is happy!
No more pain!

heroes_small.png

Heroes, Saints and Fools

1. Believer - What is but Cannot Be
2. Veni Domine - Dawn of Time
3. Candlemass - Samaritan
4. Saracen - Heroes, Saints and Fools
5. Tyrant - Legions of the Dead
6. Saviour Machine - Ludicrous Smiles
7. Lordian Guard - War In Heaven
8. Child Saint - I am the Future
9. Forsaken - Dominaeon
10. Jacobs Dream - Sarah Williams
11. Faith - Hymn of the Sinner
12. Protector - Nothing Has Changed

some words:

1. Believer - What is but Cannot Be

Possibility cannot account for actuality.
Whatever can come to be is caused in order to be.

Nothing cannot be something. I am but can not be.
My existence depends on, what is but cannot not be.

Every effect has a cause, principle of causality.
The existence of God is, theistic relativity.

the God the heart needs, the mind only grieves.

2. Veni Domine - Dawn of Time

Fatal is the shape of him
Who is waiting at the shrine
Serving us the fruit of knowledge
Stolen since the dawn of time

3. Candlemass - Samaritan

How poor a man can be
I gave him hospitality
a room, a bed and lots of food to eat
Still I hear his last few words
"I can never return what you've done
but heaven will remember and repay"

4. Saracen - Heroes, Saints and Fools

Standing at the gates of Forever
How can I choose the way - what are the rules?
Here the roads of life come together
The roads of heroes, saints and fools

5. Tyrant - Legions of the Dead

Put your fist up in the air
Life can't stop you if you dare
The legions of death are awaiting you
This is the one thing you must do

6. Saviour Machine - Ludicrous Smiles

Shadows may follow the man
One thing is leading the others
Follow the veil in my hand
Nothing deceiving my brothers
Look into my eyes, walk into my vision
Drift upon the streams, enter vast dominions
Welcome to my dream

7. Lordian Guard - War In Heaven

In the name of the Almighty Father,
The angels hath come to cast out the Legions
Forever, to the infernal realm,
From heaven to hell.

On chariots of thunder and lightning,
On Lordian Steeds, the angels smite their foe.
And the Seraph they fall to destruction,
As the hounds and the carrion of hell feast on their corpse.

Now lost is the Archangel Lucifer,
Who thought in his mind, he could rise to empyrean dominion,
'Til fate was his foe,
The will of God his woe.

8. Child Saint - I am the Future

I am future, I hold the key
To your existence, why can't you see
I've been around here, since the dawn of time
try to control me, and you might lose your mind

9. Forsaken - Dominaeon

Tetragram of the absolute
Redeeming the cries of smothered histories
The long lost grail of humanity
The aeon of god
The abscondant god - Dominaeon

10. Jacobs Dream - Sarah Williams

I'm sorry about your sorrow, I'm sorry about your pain
If I could turn back the hands of time
I'd make things new again
I'm sorry about your anger, I'm sorry about your rage
If I could do one thing in this world
I'd make her live again
Live again, live again, live again
Oh god please let, let her live again

11. Faith - Hymn of the Sinner

103349.JPG

12. Protector - Nothing Has Changed

...but suddenly it's fading away
I wake up it's 12 o'clock

And I realize : NOTHING HAS CHANGED

Enjoy if you will. This'll be up for the next seven days according to yousendit policy, then it's gone. Comments welcome. It might be useful given the theme that one reads lyrics as they go, all the songs are up on metal-archives.com last time I checked.

Interesting. I've downloaded it and it has made think about making a thematic comp of my own and posting it here and maybe some others should do the same.

I've never been big on comps (buying or making), but have entertained numerous themes for a block of radio programming many times.

White Metal......man. There is a term that you don't see bandied about much anymore.

Although it still surely exists, I've always thought that it was a much more exclusive designation then the way that you are using it here--based on your choices.

I would only apply it to metal music that hews close to scripture and is composed with an eye towards converting people to the gospel of Christ (as an innoculous personal savior providing everlasting life--not an appreciation of the man who rode into Jerusalem and scourged the moneychangers in the Temple).

Believer would certainly qualify, for example, even if they would deny any overt evangelical mission or "pushing" religion on others in other words.

While "Samaritan" would not, becuase it just uses the tale in a mythical fashion as an interesting story to ponder outside of any larger, hierarchical religious framework.

Actually, one of the coolest moments I've ever witnessed (pun not intented) was Messiah (hee!) introducing the song in Cleveland back in '03 or so by talking about all the homeless people out on the streets around the venue and how he hoped we would extend a helping hand to these dispossessed folks.

Filled me with hope and joy and that my faith in metal was not misplaced. :)

Those were simpler and brighter days....

Thank you for your interest. I was starting to think nobody at all paid any attention to this board. Good thing I didn't make the compo for here originally, heh. I'd like to listen to any thematic compilations of HM you'd come up with.

I use the term white metal a bit differently than the three other guys. I know this is pretty much my invention, but what the hell. I call the christ brigade metal (US power like Barren Cross, Stryper etc, the preacher stuff) christian metal (which is the term that has come to be most widely used), and I call white metal those bands that carry positive ethical messages, are encouraging and whatnot. It is in such a way that bands like Saracen or mid-period Candlemass fit into this company, not because they have huge boners for jesus christ. I could have put Manilla Road (there's good and there's evil, and there's no in-between. We shall slay evil with logic. Crystal logic) or mid-period Helloween in this lineup in such a sense.

The more Dionysian side of HM, where lust and power and domination rule has become so much the clichι it's truly more rebellious (and therefore more metal) to strive for positive values. Yet it's of no use to me if those values are just clichιs themselves, spoon-fed straight from the ministry. This is the theme this compilation is exploring (from one end to another), and as for the ultimate worth of such positive endeavors in adverse environments, that is why it ends as it ends.

As to Believer being christ pushers, you'll see that the specific song I quoted is a somewhat convoluted ontological argument, a fitting statement of belief, and not YOU NEED CHRIST OR YOUR SOUL WILL DIE. I appreciated it much more than most of their other stuff, lyrically.

I guess this post is technically more of a recommendation and not a direct comment on your compilation, but it's sorely missing the following album:

1100_05_21_2007_9_39_11_crosscover16wa.jpg

Honestly. I highly and strongly recommend this album to anyone who calls themselves a fan of Heavy Metal (or Traditional Metal, whatever the hell you choose to call it). This is definitely Grade A US Metal here, though it must be noted that this is not an album proper. If I recall correctly the first five songs consist of the band's single demo recording, and the last three songs are live recordings, and the sound quality isn't particularly pristine, especially on the live recordings, but the sheer quality of the music I would argue certainly shines through. If you have not heard this album and are a fan more specifically of US Power Metal, then this album comes with my highest recommendations as long as pristine production is not a prerequisite for your listening pleasure.

Cross have been recommended to me before but the cover really turned me off. I'll give them a listen however. I am not a huge fan of that specific type of christian metal that takes the early Queensryche/Heir Apparent type of US power and goes all evangelical with it, but there are often gems.