i wants new guitars

Kasmala

Jan 9, 2007
Norristown, PA
I don't know what to get. I looked at Explorers (now X-plorers) Jackson Kellys... etc...

Seriously, give me a suggestion. I would rather play the damn thing in a store and buy it rather than order something off the interwebs.

I kinda want to go for the Explorer shape / size... I dunno.

Also, I'm gonna pull a BR here... "fuck spending more than $500 on a guitar"...

He's right.

What do you guys think? Can'ts waits to hears this ones... yuhs...

I am pretty fond of these babys:

FX-400SM.jpg

More info on them here $400 for the bottom of the line. $630ish for the top of the line. Awesome Explorer type Shape but a little more modern looking. Dallas from God forbid started rocking these recently (they both usually play the Dave Mustaine models). I snapped a pretty sub bar picture at the concert:

IMG_2658.jpg

And as far as Explorers go, they are just classic. You really can't go wrong with them, especially if you are not interested in a locking system. Although buying an Explorer for under $500 is simply not going to happen. Not a chance. Unless it is sold to you in two pieces. Unless you go the Epiphone route instead of buying a Gibson. But the Gibsons are sooooo much sweeter! The electronics in the Epiphones are pretty sub par. The Gibsons have slammin pickups.

You do what you gotta do man, I won't judge you. Just please buy a nice guitar that will give you years of playing. What I was going to say the other day before I stopped myself - when you were talking about not spending a lot on a guitar.... I was gonna say "spending a lot of money on a guitar makes a lot more sense then spending money on a 3 week vacation." And I only mean that because the right guitar (or bass or drum kit, whatever) will give you years of playing and memories. A 3 week vacation lasts 3 weeks and costs a lot more than a nice guitar.

But since you are in a position to do both, go for it!

That Hello Kitty Squire looks pretty kick ass. I think they cost around $150, and come with an amp, cable, strap, gig bag, lessons, picks... lol

I should have said I don't want to spend like $2200. I'll probably get a Jackson. I really need to get rid of the locking system, I don't even use it and it's a pain in the ass to tune / restring.

I like the Jackson there, kinda looks like Schuldiner's BBC Rich Stealth.

yeah dude if I was in your shoes, I would probably go with the LTD, the Ibanez, or the Jackson. In that order. They are all reasonably priced for what you are getting. The Jackson and the Ibanez are both locking guitars though. the LTD is not.

I'm thinking about getting a Jackson Kelly... gotta look into it more. Also, I'm getting a new amp first. Me and BR are going shopping when I get home.

I'm thinking about getting a Jackson Kelly... gotta look into it more. Also, I'm getting a new amp first. Me and BR are going shopping when I get home.

You are both going to end up buying the exact head unit Dave has. I don't know why you all even pretend like anything else is even remotely possible.

hahaha. Well the Line 6 seems to be a cool head. And it is a lot of power for the money, you can't deny that.

I'm really happy with the Destroyer. I should have played it at Crap 'n Burn, or Breakdown and Hardcore Dance, whatever that bullshit show was called. I'm breaking it out on Sunday at Mojo 13, fo sho.

As long as BR gets in touch with me tomorrow (today I guess) I'll go get a head. I also need a fucking case for that damn guitar... fucking asshole at the pawn shop couldn't find it.