Ian Gillan's new album

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I've been keeping my eye on this one for awhile, and it's looking better and better to me. I have high hopes for it. I'm especially excited about the guest spots by Dio, Uli Jon Roth, Tony Iommi, and those Deep Purple chaps. Still no mention of a release date.

From Blabbermouth:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/DEEP PURPLE Frontman IAN GILLAN: 'Gillan's In'' Details Revealed - Mar. 8, 2006 The complete track listing has been released for b>DEEP PURPLE</B> frontman Ian Gillan's upcoming album "Gillan's Inn" &#8212; a celebration of Ian's 40th year on the road, featuring remakes of tracks spanning Ian's entire career.

As previously reported, "Gillan's Inn" will be made available on the new DualDisc format; regular stereo CD on one side, DVD on the other. Gillan has used this to allow listeners to choose from four different guitar solos on the remake of "Smoke on the Water".

In a recent interview with Rockdetector.com, Gillan spoke about the "Smoke on the Water" remake that appears on the upcoming CD: "'Smoke on the Water' is a big, big part of my history and a big part of why I'm here and able to do what I do," he said. "I couldn't really ignore that, but at the same time, you have to recognize that a lot of those songs, [like] 'Smoke&#8230;', 'Child In Time', 'Highway Star', etc. are snapshots in time and cannot be improved. They are what they are. It would be foolish to try and recapture that magic, because you can't. So, what I did with 'Smoke on the Water' was to treat it respectfully, it's a fairly regular version, but use it as a showcase for some of the guitarists to work with. On there you have Jeff Healey, Steve Morse, Joe Satriani</B>&#8230; The talent there is incredible."

Among the other guest musicians slated to appear on the record are BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi, fellow DEEP PURPLE members Ian Paice (drums) and Roger Glover (bass), Jon Lord, Don Airey, Joe Satriani, Jeff Healey, Janick Gers, Michael Lee, Johnny Rzeznik, Robby Takac and Redd Volkeart.

"Gillan's Inn" track listing:

CD Side:

01. Unchain Your Brain &#8211; Feat. Joe Satriani (guitar), Michael Lee (drums)
02. Bluesy Blue Sea &#8211; Feat. Jamick Gers (guitar), Michael Lee (drums)
03. A Day Late And A Dollar Short &#8211; Feat. Uli Jon Roth (guitar), Ronnie James Dio (vocals)
04. Hang Me Out To Dry &#8211; Feat. Joe Satriani (guitar), Michael Lee (drums)
05. Men Of War &#8211; Feat. Steve Morse (guitar), John Rzeznik (guitar)
06. When A Blind Man Cries &#8211; Feat. Jeff Healy (guitar), Jon Lord (organ)
07. Sugar Plum &#8211; Feat. Roger Glover (bass), Ian Paice (drums)
08. Trashed &#8211; Feat. (Tony Iommi (guitar), Roger Glover (bass), Ian Paice (drums)
09. No Worries
10. Smoke On The Water &#8211; Feat. Steve Morse (guitar), John Rzeznik (guitar), Jon Lord (organ), Ian Paice (drums)
11. No Laughing In Heaven &#8211; Feat. Roger Glover (bass), Ian Paice (drums)
12. Speed King &#8211; Feat. Joe Satriani (guitar), Michael Lee (drums)
13. Loving On Borrowed Time &#8211; Feat. Steve Morse (guitar), Uli Jon Roth (guitar)
14. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight &#8211; Feat. Joe Elliott (vocals)

DVD Side:

* Complete album in 5.1 surround sound
* Making Of "Gillan's Inn" video
* Track by track audio commentary byIan Gillan
* Special "Select the Soloist for Smoke On the Water" section (choose from Jeff Healy, Joe Satriani, Steve Morse, Tony Iommi, Uli Jon Roth and more)
* Rare performance videos of Ian fronting DEEP PURPLE</B> and BLACK SABBATH</B>
* "Demon's Eye" &#8211; DVD side only &#8211; featuring Jeff Healy (guitar), Jon Lord (organ)
* Special DVD-ROM bonus track &#8211; "Can I Get A Witness?" featuring Cliff Bennett</B> (singing), Ronnie James Dio (backing vocals), Mickey Lee Soule (keyboards)
* Photo Gallery
* Lyrics

WoW!!! Jeff Healey. That's a name I have not hear for some time. So many of my favorites on this. A must get for me.