Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Silencing the Singing

• Silence Teaches You How To Sing

• Lyckantropen Themes

• Total voters
i have a question... i have theyre 1st two albums downloaded and i own nattens madrigal.... but what are the rest like..... they arent black metal anymore are they......?... i downloaded a song and it was likr trance music......

Yeah dude they have NOTHING to do with black metal anymore, but they are still incredible. I wouldn't call it trance though, maybe Lyckantropen Themes, but not the others post-metal.

I haven't voted yet, I only will when we can change our vote at least once a week. :)

phyre said:
Do not buy $10 CD-R's burned by some random person on eBay. Also, whatever you do, do not buy the split bootleg with Immortal. It has a song missing and has awful, awful (unlistenable) sound quality, which actually has led some people to believe that the original tape sounds like that. Well, it doesn't.
[/url]

hehehe that's the bootlrg demo i have hehe :D

weeeeeeeeeeell,my super favourite ULver are 2: Themes & Bergtatt and i can't really choose one form these two...I also love Kveldssanger...
these 3 are the albums i would give 11 out of 10 :p

A Gathering In Black@recently i was talking about Ulver in my 2ndhome/DTforum....so i will copy you here a part with my rantings about Themes from William's Blake
"After nattens madrigal ULver released the album that shocked many people,since nobody expected that a BM-orgie could be followed by sth that very little had to do with metal-if anything at all- and which somehow revealed their intention of taking more electronic paths.......
Soooooo,"Themes from William Blake's:The marriage of heaven and hell" to its biggest part electronic...Of course don't expect techno shit.No way.It's electronic music,quite listenable,not only because the music is quite varied, but especially because the whole thing is somehow covered by Garm's (phantastic) voice and also because there are some tracks which are very etherial and relaxing and also a part where a quite hard quitar makes its appearance...
Btw,in the last track there is a part where Samoth,Ishahn and Fenriz read some lines of the poem!!! I don't know i'm very hooked on this album...i would definitely give it 10/10,but then again it has technically nothing to do with metal and make you will find it uninteresting... Give it a try if you feel like experimenting... "

A for the rest hmmmmmmm......they are more or less totallyu electronic... Themes was somehow a bridge from metal/hardsound to electronic music,even though this CD is also to its biggest part electronic...
More specifically:
"Metamorphosis" is a miniCD and i guess the "trance song" you dled was from there???well,if it sounded to rave for sure it was from there,since in Metamorphosis there is a track that sounded dangerously dancy

"Silencing the Singing" & "silence teaches you how to speak" are somehow Garm playing in the studio....(let's say to keep it short :p) It's electronic stuff,NOT rave or disco or sth of course!!! They can be pleasant for background music,they have some pleasant music themes....
Personally i love "silencing the singing"

"Lyckantropen" is a soundtrack to a movie and it's quite relaxing...if you want to try one of their post-ThemesfromWilliam'sBlake-era maybe you should try......

errrrrrrrr,if you want more info feel free to ask :)

/troll...... Ulver gooooooooooooooooooood :p

I had two copies because of a slight flaw that happened when kinkos copies lamenated it, so they paid for a free copy, but I gave it away already. The best thing about the boxset is the book with lyrics and English translation it comes with. The previous verions of Bergtatt and Kveldsanger didn't have that, but I don't know about the reprints?

I agree about the split bootleg with Immortal, what a sucky layout and sound quality, and why the Demon Burger McDonalds sign on this release?

What was on the Mysicum/Ulver split? I seen it sell for big $$$$$ on ebay. And I remember it being sold out right away when it was out.
I couldn't see paying so much for a 7".

veil the sky said:
are you the ultimate authority on ulver melancholia? :)

yup,let's say an unofficial one :lol: :D

phyre said:
I believe she has the box set with the Trilogie on three picture vinyls. Egrgrggr. I'd like that.
:D *nods* It's definitely one of my most precious possessions.....a situation like Golum and the one ring :p

SonOfAbyss@ the 7" contained the following tracks:
Split EP with Ulver (1994)
1. Ulverytternes Kamp 6:30 Ulver
2. Mourning 4:21 Mysticum
total time 10:51

in case anybody wants to see a pic of it,here's a picUlver/Mysticum split