Joey Vera replacing Frank Bello in Anthrax!

Mr Blackwell

Greenface
Dec 29, 2003
Vienna, Austria, Europe
Here's the original news from www.rockhard.de :

"Bassist Frank Bello ist nach 18 Jahren bei ANTHRAX ausgestiegen und will Insiderinfos zufolge von New York nach L.A. umsiedeln, wo er bei den reaktivierten HELMET den Posten von Rob „Blasko“ Nicholson (Rob Zombie, Cryptic Slaughter, Drown) übernehmen soll, der bei Ozzy Osbourne die Nachfolge von Jason Newsted antritt. Anthrax haben sich unterdessen auf temporärer Basis mit Joey Vera (Armored Saint, Fates Warning) verstärkt."

My interpretation: "Frank Bello has left Anthrax after 18 years and is supposed to move from NY to LA to become the new bass player for Helmet. Rob Nicholson left Helmet to replace Jason Newsted as Ozzy's bass player. Frank's temporary replacement in Anthrax is none other than Joey Vera."

joey definately likes to keep busy!

temporary replacement... i wonder if that just means touring or if he's gonna do some recording. no offense intended to the anthrax folks, but if joey and john are gonna be writeing for the album i think anthrax should call it a day-not because i think their skills are at all lacking, more like the opposite... i think theyd be better off in
ARMORED SAINT than in anthrax either trying to avoid sounding like AS or not trying to avoid it and sounding like AS wannabes...

it'd rule if they replaced the rest of the band with gonzo jeff & phil!:devil:

i donno... sometimes a band can go on after membership changes and the new person is dedicated to the spirit of what went before them so it works great-or sometimes they bring that little bit of change the band could use... but i think there's a point a band quits being who they were and it's a different band...
i think anthrax has gone through so many membership changes and the musical changes have been divergent changes instead of progressive changes...
i think it's getting to the point they should call themselves something else. staying anthrax connects everyone but charlie and scott to anthraxs past they werent part of when they should be looking forward

It'd be great if Joey joined permanently.
I think the name change is a little unreasonable in the current musical age that we are in. Unfortunetly, Metal isn't as 'alive' as it used to be. When Metal ruled the day, you could change your name easier than you could today. Anthrax has a bigger name than Armored Saint and should leave it at that.

I think their collective energies would be better spent in their real band as opposed to drasticlly improving someone elses.

MRBEAST said:
joey definately likes to keep busy!

temporary replacement... i wonder if that just means touring or if he's gonna do some recording. no offense intended to the anthrax folks, but if joey and john are gonna be writeing for the album i think anthrax should call it a day-not because i think their skills are at all lacking, more like the opposite... i think theyd be better off in
ARMORED SAINT than in anthrax either trying to avoid sounding like AS or not trying to avoid it and sounding like AS wannabes...