MAYHEM

Witchburner

Dec 16, 2005
Does anyone know if " De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas" and "Deathcrush" are the ONLY decent Mayhem albums? I've just heard that none of the albums without Dead and Euronymous are any good.

Everything up to and including DMDS is listenable, everything after isn't. Not that hard. Although I was stupid enough to buy Chimera.

I was going to say that parts of Grand Declaration of War were good, but then figured Erik would flame me for being a noob :(

Well, in terms of their post-DMDS material, I do like Chimera (but NOT Grand Declaration of War). I do realize that it is not black metal. It is a death metal album, and for that, it is not bad.

I'll probably actually listen to it tonight to see if it really does suck enough to rip apart.

Dodens Grav said:
Everything up to and including DMDS is listenable, everything after isn't. Not that hard. Although I was stupid enough to buy Chimera.

Hey i like Chimera damnit lol .. :Smug: ... i liked the songs My Death and Chimera and also like Maniac's vocals way way way way more then Attila's... Attila sounds awful... i wished Maniac was the vocalist on the DMDS album.... also one thing i never liked about DMDS is that the songs were not structured.. sounded more improvised and they let the tape run while playing... the production never bothered me just the structure of the songs... but i still listen to it once in a while because i do like the album nonetheless ... i just think it was/is a overrated album and band...

Mayhem is fucking awesome band. Dead and Euronymous are the true legends in Black. My collection:

Darkthrone/Mayhem split:
Eon/Deathcrush demo

Studio and live stuff:

Deathcrush
Live in Zeitz 1990 + studio rehearsal
Live in Leipzig
Tribute to the Black Emperors
Dawn of the Black Hearts
De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Chimera

Mayhem without Dead or Euronymous cannot be The True Mayhem. Hail Dead! Hail Euronymous!

Deathcrush, Live In Leipzig and DMDS are all you need. Attila is an awesome vocalist. He doesn't sound like everyfuckingbody else, which is just fucking annoying, and Maniac may have been the absolute worst singer in the history of the genre.