Metallica's New Album leaked?

Shadow298

UNLEASH THE GUAN
Sep 4, 2002
Without the Darkness
Visit site
Was going through a couple of blogs last night and found one that had a download of what they call "Pre New Album" for download, as well as some info about Metallica's upcoming 9th studio album taken from Wiki.

Since it's a blog that I trust, downloaded (did all the usually virus checks).
Sounds a lot Justice For All Era thrashier then their stuff before, but some songs had progressive song structures as well.

Anyway, here's the link, so judge for yourself.

http://albums-metal-melodico.blogspot.com/2008/03/metallica-pre-new-album-2008-por-shaman.html

Well... safe enough. I think I may have already forfeited my right one when G3 Sydney dates with Petrucci were announced but no-one has stepped forward to claim it yet :p.

it is indeed Metallica, but in a raw form.
Sounds a lot Justice For All Era thrashier then their stuff before, but some songs had progressive song structures as well.

Do you remember all the St Anger "leaks" that flooded the likes of Napster and Kazaa a few (actually... shit... has it been 5-6 years already :erk:) years ago? I think this is just history repeating itself.

The funny thing is bands like Sonic Recoil and Eternal Decision who distribute their own albums as Metallica "leaks" get wide exposure for their music for all of maybe a few weeks but bugger all people ever actually work out, or care, who actually wrote/recorded the songs and they're forgotten before they're even discovered. Not exactly top-shelf marketing :lol:.

I actually missed the St. Anger leaks.
I actually avoid almost everything Metallica related until Reggae got hold of the album itself and we listened to it before a big show over the RockApe PA.

Honestly, I listened to these last night when I was barely awake and kept clicking between old Metallica, so I wasn't in the most coherent state but, upon listening to it more awake, you are right. Not Metallica but better then anything the band has done in the past 15 years.

Still reckon the leaks of Tool's last album was better.
Where the band themselves put out fake songs because someone had stolen the proper tracks from the studio the week before release.

Leaked album artwork:

jaymznetoyl4.jpg

I'll more than gladly leak on the new METALLICA album. Anybody want to loan me their copy as i gotta go right now in fact?
Still shake my head and wonder why people really give a shit.US Metal has more to offer these days with NEVERMORE,TESTAMENT,ICED EARTH,EXODUS etc putting out far superior albims.Hell even TRIVIUM sound better than METALLICA now.:lol:

I'll more than gladly leak on the new METALLICA album. Anybody want to loan me their copy as i gotta go right now in fact?
Still shake my head and wonder why people really give a shit.US Metal has more to offer these days with NEVERMORE,TESTAMENT,ICED EARTH,EXODUS etc putting out far superior albims.Hell even TRIVIUM sound better than METALLICA now.:lol:
And many far superior ones to those bands you mentioned too! :p