MMA

quality fight, man. cards a little too close for me, but the right man won. first undisputed heavyweight champ in 25 years! legendary run from this guy, an all time great IMO.

quality fight, man. cards a little too close for me, but the right man won. first undisputed heavyweight champ in 25 years! legendary run from this guy, an all time great IMO.

Damn, had a few things to take care and missed it! I thought it was going to be later tonight. :err: I thought Fury win based on your post but i just googled it and ... dayamn

cliff notes version is:
- usyk controlled the first 2 rounds, landed some good body shots and was generally more active.
- 3rd round was closer, hard to score.
- fury dominated the next 3, rocked usyk a couple of times with body shots, i really thought it was looking like a routine fury win around r6ish.
- r7 was another swing round where the momentum started to switch again, hard to score. then usyk just ramped it up completely and took over again, kept getting fury pinned on the ropes then hurt him bad in the 9th and had him staggering all over the ring, i think basically anybody else goes down but fury's powers of recovery are pretty legendary at this point, ref ended up calling a count 'cause the ropes were keeping him up (good refing i thought).
- fury regrouped and actually managed to win the last round somehow but it was too late.

fury claimed he won the fight after and that people were biased toward usyk because his country's at war :lol:thanked jesus a dozen times in front of the saudis too. i thought 114-113 usyk was the absolute most generous possible card for fury though, i personally had it 116-111 but i gave 2 close rounds (3 and 7) to usyk. the actual cards were 115-112 usyk, 114-113 usyk and 114-113 fury.