My band's new website

Keregioz

Kimon Zeliotis
Aug 31, 2001
Athens, Greece
Visit site
We recently finished our official website for my band "Psycrence", you can see it here:

http://www.psycrence.com/

As you can see it's nothing fancy, I'd say the overall style is quite minimalistic, but I think it looks nice.
It's pretty new and still a work in progress so if you have any suggestions/observations I'll be interested to hear them.

yeah man it's really nice! One thing though, I totally despise when a website has music on autoplay, I will probably never open that website again. Don't people realize sometimes we're surfing the web with some music in the background? then we have to go WTFWTF looking for the player while different songs collide and make our ears bleed

Has anyone ever told you guys Takis
from your band looks a lot like Collin Ferrel?
colin_farrell.jpg

Takis
Takis.png

Anyways Nice Site!

^^^ Haha, awesome!

Thanks guys! I totally agree on the music, It wasn't my idea. Anyway, we removed the player now, so don't be afraid to visit the site as many times as you want ;)

So, my friend who designed the site (and is also the bass player) thinks that the band section of the website feels kinda empty. Is there any other information you would suggest to add there?

Site that doesn't start with myspace.com, bandcamp.com, or facebook.com is refreshing, but it doesn't really do anything that those sites don't. Very nice design, though. Dig the music, too.

Tell us about the guys in the band...what do people always ask here? What's that guitar? What amp? Effects?

- general layout looks cool and I like the fact that the website has a search function
- the news page is basically irrelevant since you already have the latest news on the front page so you can can just put the same nagivation stuff to the front page
- I also don't like the fact that I actually have to scroll a full screen until you get to the actual content on the front page. The flash animation on the frontpage and the band page is cool and all, but it doesn't add anything relevant to the page.
- The media button on the navigation and on the Music page's navigation doesn't link anywhere
- The front page and photo page doesn't have the same navigation as the other pages and on the Band page the navigation is at different location. Make it more standard please, really frustrating that kind of thing is
- Link the main navigation as text to the bottom of the page, like here. That kind of sitemap design has been an unwritten internet standard procedure on webdesign since the beginning of the internet. And using the footer for copyright info and other stuff is also a good policy that's also been used since the dawn of the internet.
- Clicking on the Flash/DHTML thing on the band page makes the page scroll to the beginning of the page. Me no likey.
- Myspace page opens on new window, Facebook page doesn't. Choose one or the other, not both.
- The background breaks when you scroll too much on a search page

Thats what you get when you show a page to a former webdesigner :)

Thats what you get when you show a page to a former webdesigner :)

No problem, that's why I asked your opinions after all.

Some good points, we'll look into them. I'm not sure what you mean exactly by this though:
- The front page and photo page doesn't have the same navigation as the other pages and on the Band page the navigation is at different location. Make it more standard please, really frustrating that kind of thing is