New records thread

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
As there's been a few new releases come out lately that I've been listening to I thought I'd post a thread.

Mastodon - Once Around the Sun: Probably my fave record of 2014. Very accessible compared to say, Remission, but very awesome stuff. Well written, cool tunes.

Opeth: Pale Communion. On first listen it sounds like Heritage part 2. Very 'proggy', no death growls from yesteryear still. Online opinion suggests its much better though. I've only listened to it once so far and it sounds great. One that will get a lot of my listening in weeks to come.

Also listened to Overkill's White Devil Armory yesterday. Sounds ok, but I've never really gotten into these guys. Will give it some spins though.

My other fave record of recent times is Arch Enemy's new one War Eternal. I'm amazed at this record, after a few pretty average efforts from them. Michael Amott's song writing on this is inspired, and new vocalist Alissa White-Gluz is great.

Looking forward to a new release from Machine Head sometime soon too.

I might have to check out mastodon sometime,overkill are awesome live,never cared for there albums though,they are on soundwave next year so check em out buddy,the dead daisies are the last band I got into,solid record,I haven't heard there latest ep yet

I might have to check out mastodon sometime,overkill are awesome live,never cared for there albums though,they are on soundwave next year so check em out buddy,the dead daisies are the last band I got into,solid record,I haven't heard there latest ep yet

Soundwave announcements have been made????

I heard a whole bunch of fake ones...... Didn't know official ones were out.

Soundwave announcements have been made????

I heard a whole bunch of fake ones...... Didn't know official ones were out.

The early announcements are usually quite accurate so hopefully it's true,the festival goes over 2 days with bands doing longer sets,slip knot and fnm are the big draw card

From albums from 2014 that i have enjoyed - Hellyeah - Blood For Blood is pretty awesome. Also Fozzy - Do You Wanna Start a War is good. I also thought the new Overkill album White Devil Armory is a good solid album! Don't understand why some people didn't like it all too much!

Strangely enough I've never listened to an Overkill record ever, I guess I wasn't a fan of the vocals when I heard them as a kid and so never listened to them. I definitely am going to give an album a listen soon though. They do have the coolest album covers:headbang:

If your going to listen to an Overkill album - i would recommend the album "Ironbound" it is a really good album with balls out thrash and awesome solo's!! I know what you mean about the Vocals, when i was younger it was one of the reasons i didnt like them, but as i have got a little older and can appreciate the music a little more i have grown to really love the band!

If your going to listen to an Overkill album - i would recommend the album "Ironbound" it is a really good album with balls out thrash and awesome solo's!! I know what you mean about the Vocals, when i was younger it was one of the reasons i didnt like them, but as i have got a little older and can appreciate the music a little more i have grown to really love the band!
Very cool I'll check that one out thanks!

Be interesting to see what slipknot come up With on the new album,I think it will kick some ass,metal needs a good kicking and they are just the band to do it