NWOBHM Show

poundingmetal74

Demons Will Fly
Oct 18, 2004
Canada, eh
www.finalstage.ca
In the future I'll cut down the whoring out of my metal show, but since this is an old school forum I thought I'd let y'all know: This Friday night I'm doing a NWOBHM themed show this week.:kickass::kickass::kickass:

I finished finalizing the show about an hour ago and I had a great time for the last several hours listening to all sorts of stuff I hadn't listened to in many years. Holocaust, Legend, Mythra:)notworthy), Samson, Diamond Head, etc. - all sorts of classics of the era.

After the show I'll post the playlist.

EDIT: If you missed the show, it can be listened to here. (Starts around the 2:00 mark)

Here's the playlist:
Seventh Son Metal to the Moon
Trespass One of These Days
Angel Witch Loser
Ethel The Frog Fight Back
Samson Take It Like a Man
Iron Maiden Sanctuary (Metal For Muthas Version)
Eazy Money Telephone Man
Demon Night of the Demon
Dark Star Lady of Mars
Tokyo Blade If Heaven is Hell
Elixir Hold High the Flame
Grim Reaper See You in Hell
Praying Mantis Captured City
Fist Axeman
Blitzkreig Blitzkreig
Savage Let it Loose
Sweet Savage Killing Time
Diamond Head It's Electric
Mythra Death and Destiny
Hollow Ground Don't Chase the Dragon
Jaguar Prisoner
Saxon 747 (Strangers in the Night)
Gaskin Queen of Flames
Bitches Sin Ain't Life a Bitch
Legend Stormers of Heaven
Holocaust Heavy Metal Mania

Hey what about Trespass and Hollow ground? :)

That was a partial list I posted above to garner interest, but yes, both bands are in. :) We used to cover One of These Days before Final Stage was Final Stage. And the Hollow Ground EP is one of my favorite EPs ever, along with Mythra.

When can i catch this?

www.cjam.ca - this Friday at Midnight EST (ie. New York/Toronto time).

That was a partial list, but yes both bands are in. We used to cover One of These Days before Final Stage was Final Stage. And the Hollow Ground EP is one of my favorite EPs ever, along with Mythra.

Ha ha Yea! Mythra!! Thats old school NWOBHM. I love that stuff.

Have you ever heard Toad The Wet Sprocket's "One Glass Of Whiskey" ? Great single a bit Rush like.

O and of course Satan with "Oppression" great track!

Ethel The Frog
Gogmagog
Soldier
Limelight
Chinatown
Widow
Battleaxe
Satanic Rites
Denigh
More
Chariot
Saracen
Gaskin
Hammerhead
Fist
Tytan
Wildfire
Warfare
Avenger
Jaguar
Girlschool
Rock Goddess
Satan/Blind Fury/Pariah
Tokyo Blade
Tank
Praying Mantis
Quartz
Demon
Holocaust
Blitzkrieg
Angelwitch
Venom
Witchfynde
Witchfinder General
Grim Reaper
Cloven Hoof
Chateaux
Samson
Sweet Savage
Tygers Of Pang Tang
Diamond Head
Iron Maiden
Saxon
Def Leppard
:D

Ethel The Frog
Gogmagog
Soldier
Limelight
Chinatown
Widow
Battleaxe
Satanic Rites
Denigh
More
Chariot
Saracen
Gaskin
Hammerhead
Fist
Tytan
Wildfire
Warfare
Avenger
Jaguar
Girlschool
Rock Goddess
Satan/Blind Fury/Pariah
Tokyo Blade
Tank
Praying Mantis
Quartz
Demon
Holocaust
Blitzkrieg
Angelwitch
Venom
Witchfynde
Witchfinder General
Grim Reaper
Cloven Hoof
Chateaux
Samson
Sweet Savage
Tygers Of Pang Tang
Diamond Head
Iron Maiden
Saxon
Def Leppard
:D

I'll be playing at least 2/3 of these Wyv. Remember, this is only a 2 hour show and I had to cut a lot of my favorites out. Pariah was post-NWOBHM. They sounded more like Exodus' Bonded by Blood than say, Sad Wings of Destiny/1974 Rush/Ted Nugent that most NWOBHM bands sounded like.

I'll be playing at least 2/3 of these Wyv. Remember, this is only a 2 hour show and I had to cut a lot of my favorites out.

I know I was pulling your leg :saint:.

Actually NWOBHM it's a wide range, even if I also consider Pariah a kind of proto-thrash (considering thrash was established at the time of their albums). You have from Def Leppard to Venom, from Samson to Witchfinder General.

And if you like the sound in general terms of those bands I recommend for the future that you include bands in other languages like: Loudness (first two albums), Baron Rojo, Sortilege

And if you like the sound in general terms of those bands I recommend for the future that you include bands in other languages like: Loudness (first two albums), Baron Rojo, Sortilege

I'll probably do another one in a couple of months. Plus I wanna do a classic metal show about the US (Metal Massacre type stuff), a classic metal show about Canada (Exciter, Razor, Blind Vengeance, etc) and one about Europe (Sortilege, Destiny, Overdrive, Oz, etc).

AHEM.... :Smug:
:lol:

Truth be told, I may have heard of them but I've no clue who they are.

See? :cry: Final Stage is more known that they are (so don't complaint :p), in the future we can include them among the classic Canadian bands...but you have to wait just like Exciter, Rush, Saga, etc., all in due time :saint:

If you missed the show, it can be listened to here.

Here's the playlist:
Seventh Son Metal to the Moon
Trespass One of These Days
Angel Witch Loser
Ethel The Frog Fight Back
Samson Take It Like a Man
Iron Maiden Sanctuary (Metal For Muthas Version)
Eazy Money Telephone Man
Demon Night of the Demon
Dark Star Lady of Mars
Tokyo Blade If Heaven is Hell
Elixir Hold High the Flame
Grim Reaper See You in Hell
Praying Mantis Captured City
Fist Axeman
Blitzkreig Blitzkreig
Savage Let it Loose
Sweet Savage Killing Time
Diamond Head It's Electric
Mythra Death and Destiny
Hollow Ground Don't Chase the Dragon
Jaguar Prisoner
Saxon 747 (Strangers in the Night)
Gaskin Queen of Flames
Bitches Sin Ain't Life a Bitch
Legend Stormers of Heaven
Holocaust Heavy Metal Mania

Great list dude. Should have been a great show.

Two comments:

1) Dark Star - Lady Of Mars is GREAT!

2) Why do people in the UK and the US almost always get the name "Blitzkrieg" wrong? I see it happen all the time. The German "Krieg" (ie. war) is written most of the time like Kreig. And it is simply wrong.

And then I do not even mention the times I saw Judas Priest written as Judas Preist. Although not by you poundingmetal74. It's more a general comment than particularity aimed at you.

Sorry about that but I had to say it.

1) Dark Star - Lady Of Mars is GREAT!

2) Why do people in the UK and the US almost always get the name "Blitzkrieg" wrong? I see it happen all the time. The German "Krieg" (ie. war) is written most of the time like Kreig. And it is simply wrong.

1. Yeah, absolutely AWESOME track. One of the best NWOBHM songs ever written.

2. My bad. :saint: I blame sEInfeld. :) Truth be told, other than spelling the band name, I don't think I've ever written the word blitzkrIEg.

1. Yeah, absolutely AWESOME track. One of the best NWOBHM songs ever written.

2. My bad. :saint: I blame sEInfeld. :) Truth be told, other than spelling the band name, I don't think I've ever written the word blitzkrIEg.

1) I would have to agree!

2) BAD Seinfeld! :zombie:

Great show man. It kikcs ass.

Are you going to do another NWOBHM show?

Most likely. There was just way too much stuff I didn't get to. (EF Band, Leppard, Girlschool, etc.).

Nice! I'll be looking forward to that. :)

Plus, I also want to do a US classic metal show to play stuff like Trauma, Hyksos, and all that great classic metal massacre-type stuff.

Does this mean you'll be also playing bands like Jag Panzer, Omen, Lethal and Liege Lord?