Project Aegis featuring Theocracy Vocalist - Benefit Song

zinescene

Feb 11, 2002
Michigan
www.myspace.com
Ran across this on Bandcamp. It's a benefit song with all proceeds going to the Bridge Bunch in Nashville Tennessee. It's a damn good song and a good cause. it's only .99c

http://ulteriumrecords.bandcamp.com/track/collide-spark

From Bandcamp:
Ulterium Records is proud to announce the release of "Collide & Spark", an all-star charity track for sale with 100% of the income going to The Bridge Bunch, an organization dedicated to serving the homeless population of Nashville, TN, in the United States.

The song, which is almost seven minutes in length, is being released under the banner Project Aegis, and was composed by Theocracy vocalist and songwriter Matt Smith. It features vocals by Nils K. Rue [Pagan's Mind], Henrik Båth [Darkwater], Elin Redin [End of September] and Smith, as well as a guitar solo by Markus Sigfridsson [Darkwater, Harmony].

The artwork was created by Felipe Machado Franco [Blind Guardian, Rhapsody of Fire] and designed by Markus Sigfridsson.

Bump for a good cause...

THEOCRACY VOCALIST MARK SMITH’S PROJECT AEGIS RELEASES VIDEO FOR “ANGEL IN THE ASHES” CHARITY TRACK FEATURING ROB ROCK AND OTHERS

"...Ulterium Records announce the release of "Angel In the Ashes”, an all-star charity track for sale with 100% of the income going to feed homeless and refugee families in Greece. The song is being released under the banner Project Aegis, and was composed by Theocracy songwriter and vocalist Matt Smith.

"Angel In The Ashes" features vocals by Rob Rock (Impellitteri), Daísa Munhoz (Vandroya, Soulspell), Vasilis Georgiou (Sunburst, Black Fate), Leah McHenry (Leah) and Smith, as well as a guitar solo by Gus Drax (Sunburst, Black Fate). The artwork was created by Markus Sigfridsson (Darkwater, Harmony)...."

angelashesapril.jpg

Reactions: Matt Smith
Surprised there isn't more buzz about this one. This is my song of the year, and that's in a crowded field of good stuff so far this year.

Matt, please make more of this stuff. You knocked this one out of the park.

Agreed! Angel In the Ashes is probably my favorite song of 2016, too. This song has everything that I like about power metal. I love the split-screen group vocals. Daisa is such a great vocalist. Great song and great video, too. Plus, Rob Rock!

I'm happy to purchase it anyway, but even better that it's for a good cause!