random chat thread

You may ask him in general words. There's no need to retell it.

By the way, what is your job? I see you have very much time to travel and live actively.

Well, I am currently a student actually, so this leaves me quite a bit of spare time. For live concerts apart from Pain and Paul McCartney (That I will be seeing in Stockholm next month) I will not be traveling a lot in a while I guess.
Pain/Hypocrisy are exceptions as I find a way to travel and see them for not too much money and I don't have to skip any classes and it is always enjoyable to spend time with Peter and his band(s) :) I have traveled a lot to see these two bands in the last few years and it is always great!

Now I will focus on local shows, here in Göteborg there are quite a few concerts, 8 metal concerts in the next week!

KrgFn, I have got one more question for Peter. This is serious question, not for having fun.

There is a very strong theory about aliens that visited our planet many thousand years ago. We don't know exact period, but may be 11-13 thousand years ago. According to this theory those aliens have terrifically influenced on historical way of mankind: they have erected many buildings all over the world like egyptian, south american and chinese pyramids, stonehenge and others that we still cannot recognize it's purpose, they have given to people some of their knowledge and equipment and even manipulated with our DNA. Some people think that their descendants live among us even today.
Does Peter know about this theory and what he thinks about it?

Hey, I didn't really have much time to chat with Peter as he was very busy so I couldn't ask him about this sorry ;)

In any case, the tour was great! Don't really like the setlist that Pain play these days but I did have great fun :kickass:

Gonna post this now, cause tomorrow this time I will probably be horribly drunk...or well on my may.

Happy New Year for 2012 and hope it's a headbanging metaltastic year. Have a good one...

xray.jpg

From Varg's site:

Burzum persists. A new Burzum album, titled "Umskiptar" (Metamorphoses), is scheduled for release in May 2012 on Byelobog Productions. "Umskiptar" consists of 65 minutes of skaldic metal, recorded in Grieghallen Studio in Bergen in September 2011.

"Umskiptar" track list:
Blóðstokkinn (Soaked in Blood) (1:16)
Jóln (Deities) (5:51)
Alfadanz (Elven Dance) (9:22)
Hit helga Tré (The sacred Tree) (6:51)
Æra (Honour) (3:58)
Heiðr (Esteem) (3:02)
Valgaldr (Song of the Fallen) (8:03)
Galgviðr (Gallow Forest) (7:16)
Surtr Sunnan (Black from the South) (4:14)
Gullaldr (Golden Age) (10:20)
Níðhöggr (Attack from Below) (5:00)
The lyrics on "Umskiptar" are all taken from a Norse poem, Völuspá. For an English translation of the lyrics see the book "Sorcery And Religion In Ancient Scandinavia". The original Norse lyrics for "Umskiptar" can be found here.

Every year he releases a new album! this is really cool):devil:

From Varg's site:

Burzum persists. A new Burzum album, titled "Umskiptar" (Metamorphoses), is scheduled for release in May 2012 on Byelobog Productions. "Umskiptar" consists of 65 minutes of skaldic metal, recorded in Grieghallen Studio in Bergen in September 2011.

"Umskiptar" track list:
Blóðstokkinn (Soaked in Blood) (1:16)
Jóln (Deities) (5:51)
Alfadanz (Elven Dance) (9:22)
Hit helga Tré (The sacred Tree) (6:51)
Æra (Honour) (3:58)
Heiðr (Esteem) (3:02)
Valgaldr (Song of the Fallen) (8:03)
Galgviðr (Gallow Forest) (7:16)
Surtr Sunnan (Black from the South) (4:14)
Gullaldr (Golden Age) (10:20)
Níðhöggr (Attack from Below) (5:00)
The lyrics on "Umskiptar" are all taken from a Norse poem, Völuspá. For an English translation of the lyrics see the book "Sorcery And Religion In Ancient Scandinavia". The original Norse lyrics for "Umskiptar" can be found here.

I guess it's time to torment you with new weather update that no one will read (poor torment if you can ignore it that easily). :p

After mild December, January was more like winter should be and it ended in quite cold weather. At the moment temperature is -21,0 °C and it's been so for few days already and will be for few more days. Then it takes turn towards more tolerable temperatures yet still remaining somewhat wintry. There isn't that much snow outside though. Last 2 winters we had around 50 cm of snow and now only around 20 cm, which is more like usual amount though.

I tried pimping Hypocrisy for 70,000 tons of Metal 2012 cruise/festival, but alas, didn't happen.

My Hypocrisy thread on that forum:
http://www.70000tons.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2243

I can hope they get asked and then signed for either the upcoming Barge to Hell crusie or the next 70k cruise 2013, would be damned sweet!

At least I'm booked for Rockstad Falun in August so I get my Hypocrisy live fix for this year :kickass:

Now I will focus on local shows, here in Göteborg there are quite a few concerts, 8 metal concerts in the next week!

Hey man, are you going to the Amon Amarth show on Sunday March 4?

I'll land from Umeå (House of Metal festival) fairly late Sunday night, just get the bus to town and then run to Brewhouse for the show.

I will try to get there yeah, have a rugby tournament out of town that weekend and am not yet sure what time I will be returning ;)

I guess it's time to torment you with new weather update that no one will read (poor torment if you can ignore it that easily). :p

After mild December, January was more like winter should be and it ended in quite cold weather. At the moment temperature is -21,0 °C and it's been so for few days already and will be for few more days. Then it takes turn towards more tolerable temperatures yet still remaining somewhat wintry. There isn't that much snow outside though. Last 2 winters we had around 50 cm of snow and now only around 20 cm, which is more like usual amount though.
Sunday's major blizzard and few smaller blizzards before it increased the amount of snow to over 40 cm. More snow (and sleet) on the way, but temperature is close to 0 °C at the moment so in one way winter has loosen it's grip.
New Asphyx album is on the way as well, so great way to celebrate my week-long vacation.