Reality TV / Competition

Lifemocker

Jun 16, 2016
I wanted to discuss one "show" but figured it wouldnt find in the movie/series threads so I'll try making a new one in the process.

Do you guys enjoy watching this genre? If yes, what are your favourites and recommendations?

I personally fell in love in Survivor series, were ~~16 people are divided into two tribes and are stranded on some random islands. Tribes then compete for rewards(food, luxury items) and most importantly, immunity. And this is the best part of the show. Immunity prevents the tribe from eliminating on of their member and the losing one needs to figure out who they want to get rid off. I just love seeing how people scheme, react to extreme situations and won't lie, enjoy the scenery of islands very much.

American edition seems to have 35 seasons now, while I watched like 70% of the 1-20 seasons, so looks like I've got tons of shit to watch. Yesterday was released polish edition of the series and I'm dissapointed in it AF, the host is terrible and casting is boring, everyone is fit and enjoys competition. Clones.

If you want to give it a try I would definitely recommend starting from the earliest season like 1, 2 or 3 because then people didnt really now how to play the game there and it was the purest experiance of this show you could have and there were some great personalities. Later seasons are hit or miss, but there are surpsiingly a lot of hits. Every 5 or 10 seasons there is also a special seasons feautring best / favourite people from the past and those seasons are also fantastic if you are a fan of some people.

Since I never watched past 21 season I dont know about the quality of the show now, I heard there were quite a lot of rules changes but if its getting renewed twice a year it can't be that bad.

So if you want to watch complete morons, great leaders and providers, fragile weak women relying on men, scheming women or personification of Lucifer himself give this show a try.

That's the american version of the Swedish show "Expedition Robinson", that everyone watched during the late 90's/early 2000's here in Sweden:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expedition_Robinson

It was good back then, when there weren't a lot of stuff to watch on TV basically, but it's not that interesting anymore imo.

I watched a few episodes a couple of years ago of Bear Gryll's "The Island" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Island_with_Bear_Grylls)

It's a lot more realistic, maybe give it a try? :)

Huh, in early 2000 I guess in Poland we also had Expedtion Robinson, but it was weird AF, I think they spent 90 days, got food and the reward was laughable compared to 1 million bucks for 39 days.

I watched few episodes of the Island with Bear (although i watched them randomly) and they seemed kinda, how do i put it, stiff? Also not enough drama and stupid people to manipulate. Nothing more mindblowing that seeing a random chick or dude getting fucked by one guy 3 times in a row and yet this guy can still convince them to support him and be his pawns.

I don't wanna spoil but for 2 seasons (back to back, so people on another season had no idea who this guy is) one guy was getting carried by everyone while literally doing nothing but scheming. From what I heard he was later in yet another season because production probably figured this guy is a gold mine, but the people on the show werent having it when they realised who joined their tribe. They intentionally lost the battle for immunity and got rid of him ASAP. Glorious.

When and why did this forum attract retards/smiley spamming morons?

Think I'm gonna stop posting for a while. Feels like nothing is redeemable on here anymore

:)

jus6o2X.gif

I don't wanna spoil but for 2 seasons (back to back, so people on another season had no idea who this guy is) one guy was getting carried by everyone while literally doing nothing but scheming. From what I heard he was later in yet another season because production probably figured this guy is a gold mine, but the people on the show werent having it when they realised who joined their tribe. They intentionally lost the battle for immunity and got rid of him ASAP. Glorious.

haha!