Recomend me some music! thread

Don't get me wrong, Morningrise is a decent album but... Slightly?! I think Blackwater Park is Opeth's best album, it's stunningly perfect.

I agree Podgie

But I love all Opeth albums and asking me to pick a favourite is like asking what balls in my scrotum should I keep

I treasure them all but for me Blackwater is, if push came to the shove, I would pick as my favourite, Just

I think I've finally realized why I don't like death metal all that much..... The OVERUSE of blastbeats!

I was listening to some songs by Vader and Obituary, and was like WTF? CONSTANT blast beats? ............ Occasional blast beats are fine, but having them for a good portion of the song just doesn't appeal to me. :\

I don't play MGS2 as much, I hated playing as fucking Raiden.
Good story though, Ocelot and Snake are two of my favorite characters ever.

Rob Zombie - Hellbilly Deluxe
Static-X - Shadow Zone
Static-X - Start a War

I've been playing 2, 4 and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake quite a bit recently. Snake is a leg-end, probably one of my most favourite characters in anything ever.

If you're going for Static-X, the first album, Wisconsin Death Trip is a must aswell.

Also any Destruction, Kreator or Sodom is a must.

Yeah, there's not many death metal bands that use blast beats ALL the time. Especially Obituary, who have a lot of groovy parts.

I was listening to some songs by Vader and Obituary, and was like WTF?
Sorry. Never read something so wrong in death metal.

Obituary have never used ONE blast beat. Vader use them in variation and use a lot of groove filled patterns and really variate the songs and blast in the intense parts. Theres a time and place for them and the bands know it.

The song I heard did! Or was it something else..... I'm confused.

On topic : Iced Earth and Blind Guardian albums. All of them.
Thanks to Ocelot and Journeyman for those!

I don't really like their most recent two... But everything before that is top draw.

Blind Guardian are gods, but you all knew that anyway.

Agent Steel - Unstoppable Force
Laaz Rockit - Know your enemy
Forced Entry - As above, so below
Coroner - Mental Vortex
Donor - Triangle of the lost

Heaven and Hell - The Devil You Know
One of the best albums this year! :D

Also, don't fuckin touch my mudkipz! :mad:

Keenan, I admire your efforts.. but I don't think many people around here would even listen to Shogun properly before saying it's shit ;)

Heaven and Hell - The Devil You Know
One of the best albums this year! :D

Also, don't fuckin touch my mudkipz! :mad:

Bible Black is a good song

I recommend listening to Metallica's Power Metal Demo

And even though it's not metal
Listen to John Lee Hooker, Robert Johnson, Blind Willie Johnson
Great blues artists.