Rectifier clip of nevermore

Chthoniangod

New Metal Member
Feb 16, 2006
here's a sample of nevermore inside four walls made with the suggestions of andy
CHAIN: kramer baretta with quadrails pickup into maxon od808 booster, mesa dual rectifier 2 channel from 93, carvin legacy cab with v30 speakers sm57 slightly off axis tlaudio ivory 5001 mic pre
no bass sorry and crappy drumsamples

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=493403

what do u think about? i think there's a little too much gain

sounds pretty good to my ears, but then again i've not heard the original, sounds like too much low end in the tone, to say there's no bass, cut everything below 80hz

Sounds real good. Gain sounds fine to me. It sounds slightly distant (not complaining) maybe that's what you wanted. I'd like to hear it with the mic on axis.

Sounds kinda like it's in a closet. I guess I just prefer a more direct sound. Either way the guitars sound great. Can you take a picture of the setup of where the mic is? I'm curious to see how far back from the speaker/cone it is.

P.S. - Glad to see you made your own SoundClick page, no more 30 second wait for clips! :p

~006

thank you 006, i made that page on your suggestion, and is really better! tomorrow i'm going back to studio and i will take pictures of what you request. the 57 is 5 centimeters far from the grid, the way i like more!

Nice tone!!

I agree with you on the gain though, too much, and that makes it sound a bit more sloppy.. great tone though!

Well being my fave nevermore song and tone .... i must say this is close but it could be a littttttle bit better.....

If it was an actual 7 string being played perferrably an ibanez or a schecter it would make a difference, of course the active EMG's would clean it up a bit aswell.

The guitar tone does infact rock ... although i agree with the above statements of mabe the mic a little closer to the cab.

Other than that it fuckin slays !!!!!

One of the best tones ive heard here to date.