reviews

I'm none the wiser after reading.

And I'm not sure about Total playing time: 32:14. After all it's not speed metal.

Ok, I can’t understand why some reviewers say Jordpuls is “nothing new” – I’ve just listened to it a couple of time, but for me it’s definitely something new. Yes, most of the influences are recognizable from past eras, but hey, an album is much more than the sum of its parts. If you consider it as a whole, it’s very different from the other albums! The ingredients may be the same but the receipe is very original (and I must say this one is delicious!)
Nothing new? What did people expect? A radical shift to what? gangsta rap maybe? So yeah, in this case Jordpuls is nothing new :D
After Vintersorg’s leap from Viking to Prog Metal, I suppose people feel unsecure with each new release, and fear/hope for a radical change in sound. So when it’s not, they just focus on the similarities with the other albums, and don’t do justice to the subtle originality of this one. For me this “nothing new” can be applied to a lot of bands, but definitely not to Vintersorg!

Ok, I can’t understand why some reviewers say Jordpuls is “nothing new” – I’ve just listened to it a couple of time, but for me it’s definitely something new. Yes, most of the influences are recognizable from past eras, but hey, an album is much more than the sum of its parts. If you consider it as a whole, it’s very different from the other albums! The ingredients may be the same but the receipe is very original (and I must say this one is delicious!)
Nothing new? What did people expect? A radical shift to what? gangsta rap maybe? So yeah, in this case Jordpuls is nothing new :D
After Vintersorg’s leap from Viking to Prog Metal, I suppose people feel unsecure with each new release, and fear/hope for a radical change in sound. So when it’s not, they just focus on the similarities with the other albums, and don’t do justice to the subtle originality of this one. For me this “nothing new” can be applied to a lot of bands, but definitely not to Vintersorg!

i've noticed that too. people says there's nothing new....or that there's too much sperimentation. and there must be something wrong in this, because the two things are completely in contrast.
anyway it's a positive review, maybe the most positive that have been posted here (exception made for novembers' one) and some parts are quite near to reality ".... which doesn’t necessarily mean that it is their best album ever, but it comes close..."

I don't understand why everyone seems to be against the prog elements, because that's what keeps the music interesting. I wouldn't be such a big fan of Vintersorg if he dropped the progressive arrangements and just made repetitive junk. It also annoys me that some reviewers seem to think his vocals represent those same elements. That's been his style for quite a long time, I doubt he will change.

Because of the way how they sound at final results...?

What’s wrong with how they sound?
I mean, these guys are talented enough just to make beautiful music. But they want to make it interesting as well, and I think that’s really great. I agree with ErikSL, I probably wouldn’t have been so impressed by this band if these prog elements weren’t there.

Many Vintersorg masterpieces have been written with drums programming so I don't see the total necessity of guest players although it wouldn't bother me either...

I just bought the latest edition of the biggest metal magazine in Sweden - Close-Up Magazine and they gave "Jordpuls" 4 out of 10.
As usual, the Swedish press understands nothing of Vintersorg and it's something that has bothered me for many years now. In this latest review, they say:

"...more than ever before, the vocal melodies feels like excuses for the Skellefteå-son to lecture about nature science and astronomy. On the 46 minutes of the record, there are so many nebulas, heavenly carousels, birth hubs and esoteric theorems...
It is not entirely meant as criticism. But almost."

*sigh*