RIP Andrew Mc Dermott

Ayreonaut

Whitebelt Ninja
Apr 19, 2001
Purmerend, Netherlands
photopit.ning.com
It makes me sad to say that Mac has died.

Mac performed in clubs in England and tried to establish a band there in his early years before he moved to Germany to join the band Sargant Fury. After three albums, the band dissolved and in 1998 McDermott joined Threshold as lead singer until his departure from the band in 2007. Mac had "serious health problems" in the months leading up to his death, according to a June 2011 statement from the German melodic metal band Powerworld, with whom he recorded the 2010 album Human Parasite.

Karl his comment on Mac his passing
Threshold guitarist Karl Groom commented on his passing: "Mac played a large part in the story of Threshold and appeared on 5 studio albums. He also sang on numerous fan club releases and live albums. Although I have not seen him since 2007 for the last video shoot in Leipzig, he still remains in our minds and there is a big sense of loss. I have spoken to and seen ex members of the band over the last two days who are all very saddened by this turn of events. We remember Mac as being so vibrant and full of life, so find this news is hard to accept."

Rich his comment on Mac his passing
Threshold keyboard player Richard West echoed the sentiments of numerous fans who left messages of condolence on Threshold's Facebook site. "Mac had such a big personality and one of the world's greatest rock voices, it's so very sad that we lost him so young. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones".

Damian his comment on Mac his passing (taken from facebook)
I only heard the sad news of Mac's passing as I left Wacken to head home. I've been in absolute shock since. We never met but I walk in his footprints. He sent me such lovely personal messages of support and knew I was a I huge fan of his voice and work. A truly great singer with a voice I could never match

Ilker Ersin of Powerworld comments
A friend is gone! We are very sad about our big loss. We can't find the right words in this moment. Our friend, brilliant musician and ex-singer Andrew"Mac"McDermott passed away yesterday.
He succumb to a kidney failure after being four days in coma. Our sympathy and condolence goes to his family.
The world lost a gently, nice, honest and warm-hearted person. We will miss him.

A condolence book has opened at
http://rememberingandrewmacmcdermott.webs.com/

Edit: i keep updating this first post with more information, when i learn it.
I expect the mods to do that aswell/take over this post if they feel it necessary

Really unbelievable he passed away. He was ust too young :(
I hope he'll find his peace...

Just read the news, this is awful. RIP. I only have the Dead Reckoning album, but I absolutely love it.

As with everyone else this has come as a shock, and I'm very gutted to hear of this tragic news. I loved his warm, passionate voice which for me fitted Threshold like a glove, and I'll always treasure the live memories of him with the band. R.I.P. Mac. \m/

Wow, after checking UM for the first time in months i've to step on this very sad news.

The first time i saw Mac irl was at PP Europe '99, not the best moment as most of us know. My personal highlight was meetng him at Gatwick airport where we ran into Threshold for our (and their) trip to PP Usa while boarding the plane finding out he actually spoke a little bit of Dutch ;)

May he rest in peace, all the best to his beloved, family and friends!

Gr.
H.

Never had the change to see you perform live. Thanks for all the beautiful songs. There isn't a day going by without listening to Threshold.
Your voice will be heard forever!

angels calling at my door
i don't know what scares me more
going where the call me to
or staying on this world with you

MAC R.I.P.

Oh my god!

I started listening to Threshold about a year or two ago. I was floored, the best music I had heard in quite a while. But the one thing that stood out, for me, was Mac's voice. I thought he was unbelievable. Passionate, warm, sometimes rough but very cool voice. I was sad when I saw that he wasnt' a member of Threshold anymore, but always hoped he would find a new band that suited him just as well. It's unthinkable that it's never going to happen now.

Oh man, I'm so sad, my thoughts and prayers go out to all of his friends and family!

We were fortunate and priviledged to get to meet Mac a few years back. Since he left Threshold, things have not seemed the same with the band. How wonderful they were together as were their releases.

God bless you Mac! Run the streets of gold and thank you for giving us a great rememberance of you, all these GREAT Threshold CDs you sang on, currently in hand and blasting all the rest of the month!

Your friends, Cd Inzane