ROYAL CARNAGE MASTERPIECE: Gorguts "Obscura"

Gorguts is death metal. Obscura is extremely technical stuff kinda like Theory in Practice but a million times better. From Wisdom to Hate, from what I've heard, is less technical and more straight forward death metal.

That being said, I didn't like Obscura. THe vocalist is horrible, and I'm just not into the technical stuff. Sorry. But I will admit, those mofos can straight up play those gee-tars.

I don't see what was wrong with re-issuing both albums separately. It would of been better.

Obsurca is pretty inaccessible since it has some really bizzare structures and chords but it's an excellent album to these ears.

yeah,. I saw the two-on-one disc thing. Looks stupid. If it's money Roadrunner is after, wouldn't it be more logical to re-release the albums on separate CDs?

As for Obscura, I still stand by my previous statement.

I don't care about the '2 for the price of 1' thing at all, but if they're going to re-release this stuff, they should use the original art (not a shoddy color photocopy), and keep the lyrics intact etc. Apparently, these releases are cheap as hell - just a couple of pages on the inlay. This stuff is really bargain bin quality, otherwise I would have happily bought the Pestilence re-releases a while back.

i still dont like those vocals at times, but i can certainly appreciate what Lemay is doing here. this thing makes atheist look like unleashed in terms of technicality

I only have Considered Dead and Erosion of Sanity - pretty enjoyable DM, but didn't feel compelled to buy Obscura too. Is it quite a different sounding album to the previous two then?

Ok, I'm listening to some tracks now and I think it's pretty tedious. The sort of album I would never listen to if I bought it, it's just annoying. But then I don't even enjoy Atheist much...

I prefer Asphyx!