ROYAL CARNAGE MASTERPIECE: Gorguts "Obscura"

Ok, I'm listening to some tracks now and I think it's pretty tedious. The sort of album I would never listen to if I bought it, it's just annoying. But then I don't even enjoy Atheist much...

I prefer Asphyx!

oh well, I find it fucking awesome. Maybe after seeing the a interview with it, I understand it more?

I never really could get into this album. I love their first two, but this one just never clicked with me. I should probably give it another spin since I haven't listened to it in awhile.

sorry dude. its true. while i do like atheist as well (i actually do like UP and elements), obscura blows them away.

atheist to me almost approaches a thrash feel at times.

UP is my personal fave from them.

I've been checking out Gorguts since I saw their name come up in these OSDM threads and Obscura ranked #30 on that RYM list.

Ok, I'm listening to some tracks now and I think it's pretty tedious. The sort of album I would never listen to if I bought it, it's just annoying. But then I don't even enjoy Atheist much...

This is pretty much my first impression of Obscura. I'm not even sure why it's compared to stuff like Atheist though (besides "technicality"). Elements is actually an enjoyable listen. Glad I didn't start with Obscura. Considered Dead is very good OSDM.

sorry dude. its true. while i do like atheist as well (i actually do like UP and elements), obscura blows them away.

atheist to me almost approaches a thrash feel at times.

UP is my personal fave from them.

This post aged horribly. I cant listen to any of those albums anymore. I would probably still enjoy Obscura to an extent.

yes. I tried with Pestilence as well. Couldn't do it. Florida DM just sounds so dated now. Morbid Angel, Death, Deicide, Massacre, Cynic, Atheist, et al

But I can still do the slower doomy stuff like Autopsy, The Chasm, Incantation, Bolt Thrower.