Sinergy - Laid to rest (who's the original composer?)

<Arcane>

Jan 21, 2007
Germany
www.youtube.com
Guys,

I'm currently watching a german television show called "duell around the world" with two famous german entertainer.

So the first challenge was in Norway and the before the challenge starts, a drone flew over the landscape and in the background was an orchestral version of the song Laid to rest. And because I can't imagine that they did an extra orchestral version of a Sinergy song, Sinergy must've stolen the melody from somewhere, or, it's just a cover. Do you know the original composer and/or song?

Gave it a shot. That song totally reminds me on Ultima Underworld and Moonstone (if you are 32/33+, you will know those games). Great memories - thanks!

And of course Barbarian, Hexen and Ghosts 'n Goblins!

Damn, I have to look for my old C64!

So far it has to be labeled nintendo metal I guess if you don’t look past the midi sounds. Give the others a shot too. I’m psyched about every song.

I owned just nintendos back in the day so those games aren’t familiar. I can understand some references to Castlevania games or something, when one’s memory is gilded and obscured by time, but it’s still proper metal.

Last edited:
Nintendo metal? Does that sound like Super Mario to you?

Check out those fantasy dark age games and compare them with the nintendo games and your songs.

If you know Daggerfall - your song would perfectly fit for all those dungeons in the game.

I think nintendo metal is a subgenre, meaning, 8-16 bit, but maybe other consoles back in the late 80's to late 90's had darker games.

I’m still not sure if you’re being sincere or sarcastic, but I feel deeply insulted. I hopped thru those soundtracks and kept scratching my head. Maybe I didn’t come across the right songs? I'm open to change my mind if you're not trolling and show me a song from these games that's similar. It’s ok to compare COB with Megaman, and even my songs with Castlevania (I played the N64 game and it had a few memorable songs)... maybe it’s nostalgia that’s distorting our heads sometimes; there are epic video game soundtracks, but some of them only had one good track which makes our memories culminate into that moment, or they just felt epic at the time, so we tend to think ’that game had epic music.’

But if you did like it then I need an opinion on the 2nd song:

Listen to my album 'Silent Autumn'!

Btw I figured I since I do heaviness in standard tuning, and atmosphere without keyboards, I also try to overcome leaning on good sounds to make songs seem good. It gives clarity for real creativity to take place. Obviously if it ever gets recorded the sounds will be optimized for the atmosphere, but at this point there will be no need to dig for fancy sounds to save a crappy album, just get a tasty guitar and snare tone (and singer) that matches the style and everything's fine.

Really no clue how it'll turn out with real sounds. Never heard the guitar and bass parts played over each other on real instruments, just one at a time. Maybe it's gonna be compatible only with 80's retro video games or maybe my ear is too used to this midi sound and I think it's better than it is. I was expecting more listeners, but it seems hard in this day and age to convince anyone to press play.

Last edited:
Haha, I was sincere. But what I meant was that your songs fit with the games itself, not with their soundtracks! Your songs got those dark age vibe. This combined with that 8 bit sound totaly gives me a flashback to those old C64/Amiga games. So those games combined with your songs would perfectly fit.

I will listend to your other song later

Do it, they're epic af.

Whatever style of music it is, I think the power lies in the emotion transferred.

Last edited: