STYE's sound to lean more towards Clayman than R2R.

I dont remember them claiming that :confused:

At any rate, I'm sad to tell you Xzar, that despite your double post...STYE doesn't come out for 3 months :( The record store employee may be scared for either reason A) Your moshing into his store. Or B) Your asking for an album thats not out yet.

(yes I know you were prolly just joking...)

:tickled:

Everlost said:
Haha yeah.. and Metallica said that Saint anger would sound like their older shit.
Well when asked witch album st.Ånger most sounded like thay sounded like they said justice. And to my ears st:anger sounds more like justice than for example load. Althou stanga wasnt wery good it still resembles the older shit more than their load era stuff.

leffe said:
Well when asked witch album st.Ånger most sounded like thay sounded like they said justice. And to my ears st:anger sounds more like justice than for example load. Althou stanga wasnt wery good it still resembles the older shit more than their load era stuff.
hahahahah you must be joking I take it :) St. Wanker in no way shape of form resembles ANY of Metallica's older days. He had a unique sound back then which he can't get now because of his age and vocal changes. I believe In Flames when they said STYE will be more like Clayman because they don't say what every album will sound like before it comes out. This has been one of the few times and it is probably believable. BTW I'm with Final_Vision becuz I've heard nobody say in any interview that IF said RTR was going to be like Jester Race.

nemuu said:
Remember that they also claimed R2R to be more like TJR.
Yeah, the band said that, however it was a magazine that said that the new one veered more towards Clayman.

IMO, this is good news, i suppose. Maybe In Flames will like, progress slowly backwards and start making albums of Whoracle quality again.

keep dreaming ^_^ in flames arent gunna make or come close to making another album like whorcle or TJR because for one in flames are evolving as musicians and secondly its impossible to recreate the same album after a period of time... for example say in flames were gunna try to make an album like whorcle next year right? the album would never be like whorcle... for one it was almost 7 years ago they created it... so their mindset is different then it was then... their guitar... and drums and vocals have evolved and changed and so on...

so keep dreamin cause its never gunna happen lol but dont stop dreaming cause dreaming is fun ^_^

Tanith said:
IMO, this is good news, i suppose. Maybe In Flames will like, progress slowly backwards and start making albums of Whoracle quality again.
Keyword: maybe. :) We'll just have to wait...

Wait and hope. Whoracle standard In Flames today would kick ass. I was too young to like em back when they were in their prime =/

Then I could go to one of their live shows without feeling ashamed XD

it's sad that so many people still post on the In Flames unofficial forum claiming that they are still disappointed and saddened at IF's recent work. If you really didn't like it, it seems highly illogical that you'd come to this forum just to brag about you not liking it. It would seem that the normal person would just distance themselves from IF fans and such, but I guess there will always be that person standing in the back against the wall banging their head repeatedly against it... anyway it's great to see IF's sound evolving into what it is. When you put on the 10 cds (I think they made 10 so far, right?) in order in your cd player, it's interesting to watch the progression from album to album. I'd hate to see them devolve, but if they use their current setup to get the Clayman song structure and feel, then I think it could possibly be better than Clayman.

Right there with you, NocturnalSun.

As if In Flames was like a dog you were taking to a contest, and you'd feel ashamed of your pet if it's not gonna win the first price? Haha, come on. The band doesn't belong to anyone, not because you spend money for their cd's and shows that you have some power to change what they are. If you pay for In Flames, it means that you somewhat trust them, right?

The above two posters are fucking dimwits. Let's make something clear: you don't have to like an artist's most recent release to be a fan. Do I like RTR? Fuck no. Do I like Lunar Strain, Subterranean, Jester RAce, Whoracle, Colony, and Clayman? You bet your goddamned asses that I do. I am still a fucking In Flames fan and if it bothers you that much to see those say they don't blindly support something just because it's their most recent release then I think YOU should stop posting at this board. Go fuck off.

i think what they are saying that it is stupid for people to come to the forum every day for the sole purpose of letting people know you hate the album. whatever, you don't like it. we get the point, its pointless and annoying to constantly bitch about it.

at least you don't waste your time here and complain. if only more people were like that.

yea actually Bastrddrmr you missed the point completely. I was only pointing out that a bunch of people come to this forum only to bitch & moan about In Flames' recent releases. I never said anything about 'blindly following a band because it's their recent release'. I believe you are implying there that I follow IF only because I like RTR and Trigger EP because it's their most recent shit. You couldn't be further from the truth my friend because I've been following them for quite some time and have all 10 albums already.

Main point is I don't have a problem with people pointing out a few of the bad points of the new albums, but to sit there and just constantly constantly bitch about how they are ashamed and disappointed with the guys because of the new release is plain fucking stupid. Plus, this 'new' sound that they use now actually started developing around the Clayman/Colony time. Moreso on Colony if you listen well, so this really has nothing to do with the 'most recent release' as you said there Bastrd.