Testament Concert

coreysprague

New Metal Member
Sep 13, 2002
Portland, OR
Visit site
I just got back from the Portland Testament concert (first testament live appearance in a LONG time).

Anyway, this is for you Steve:

You guys kicked ASS!!! The show was amazing, I just thought i'd post here rather than on the Testament board cuz you especially kicked a lot of ass! I'm a guitar player, so I'm naturally drawn to guitar playing during shows, but you stole the show haha. Anyway I just wanted to give you props on a few things:

1) nice shirt, Symphony X Rules!!
2) Your addition to the intro of "Souls of Black" was awesome!
3) Your vocal contributions (thanks to mic generosity from Chuck) were great!
4) and just a kickass job all the way around, you guys rocked the place

Look forward to hearing the new stuff and seeing you guys when you come through again!

uhm, let me think, i dont remember the order but they played:

Over The Wall
Burnt Offerings
Souls Of Black
Trial By Fire
Disciples Of The Watch
Low
Dog Faced Gods
True Believer
3 Days In Darkness
D.N.R
Down For Life
Chasing Fear
Into The Pit

I think that was the list, I MAY be missing one or two, but i dont think so

I was there and I have to say...Testament was KILLER!!! As for Steve..I've never seen anything like it! He's a bass guitar GOD! I found myself fixated on him for most of the show...and I'm usually with Chuck the whole time when I see them...and Alex (when he was with them) but Steve stole the show! He's incredible! He reminded me of Cliff Burton with his stance and playing style..but the talent is owned by Steve..one word..fretless! I can't wait to see them again! Chuck sounded better than ever and Johnny Tempesta did a great job..with very short notice..Eric was Eric..what can I say..he's the RIFFMASTER! And Steve Smythe shreds! He's definetly Testament all the way!

The show in Portland ruled!
Thanks for coming out. That was the first one on that little trip and was supposed to be a warmup for Las Vegas. Well as it turned out it was the funnest show and Vegas never happened! That club is a great place to play, nice stage and great crowd.

I'm glad you liked it! I had a blast! Maybe since it was a good venue..you guys will be back? After the writing is done:D I got to meet you after the show, thanks for being so cool and taking pictures with my bro and I! It was definetly a night to remember(even though you made fun of my voice) HA!