The Blabbermouth Thread

circus_brimstone said:
I was referring to how someone on Blabbermouth always rates every album a 1 out of 10 no matter how good it is, in the user review section. :p

Way to jump the gun! :mad: Plus, I don't have a sister. :cry:

I was aware of that - I was continuing to post in the traditional Blabbermouth manner, by violently and offensively attacking anyone who voices a differing opinion. Sheesh, keep up! :p

Exactly. The only reason to even visit the site is to read the comments. Everyone there, from what I remember, has down syndrome or something.

It wasn't originally owned by Blabbermouth, and it was good before it was. After that, they were forced to cover all the shit nu-metal bands blabbermouth pushes. However, they still do cover quite a bit of the underground, and they're the best metal news site I've found. Although they do have way too many fluff news posts on slow days. I think basically Borivoj said to himself "I wanna keep the site going and cover the good stuff, but I can't afford to, so I'll sell out just enough to pay the bills and cover their shit as long as I can still cover the good stuff too". But I may be wrong.

If Blabbermouth offered to pay me to run Librarius, I'd probably do it. Sure, we'd have some shit added to the site, but we'd also get a lot more good stuff added, too. But, I doubt they could afford me, bwa ha ha!!

I just passively scroll the headlines and if something interests me, I'll read the news. I rarely read the comments, since I generally don't like to spend any more than 3 minutes on that site at a time.

Borivoj has mentioned to me before (I used to email back and forth with him for awhile as he literally lived down the street from me) that a lot of stuff he posts he does just to mix shit up and just get a reaction out of people and the artsists as well.
No matter how you look at it, IT IS the #1 site for up to date metal news. The others just steal from him.

Oh, they've had some pretty great headlines, yeah. They excel at taking things out of context just to fuck with musicians - I remember one interview with, I think it was Gene Hoglan, where he talked about the SYL tour bus and jokingly mentioned that Blabbermouth would probably put up a headline about how he prefers being around naked men. (I forget the context).

Sure enough, two days later on blabber: STRAPPING YOUNG LAD Drummer "Prefer(s) Being Around Naked Sweaty Guys".

hahaha, yeah ... Borivoj has a history with Dark Angel (Hoglan used to play for them, fo u nubees) ... he used to give the band such bad reviwes for their live shows that he was banned from some performances here in NY.
I think it all turned out for the better over the years ... but :lol:

finally they woke up ... :lol:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET: Cleaning Up The Crap - Sep. 28, 2006

As you may have noticed, there has been a lower-than-usual number of comments below each story on BLABBERMOUTH.NET for the last couple of weeks. The reason for this is simple: We are in the process of cleaning up the countless abusive, obscene, defamatory, racist, homophobic and threatening comments that have been posted on this site since the "comments" feature was implemented back in early 2002. That also means that anyone posting such comments going forward will be immediately and permanently banned.

You can still voice your opinion and you are welcome to be as honest as you wish to be. However, calling musicians whose music you don't like "faggots," making racist remarks and threatening other people on this site who happen to disagree with your views is not something that will be tolerated.

For the time being, the sign-up feature on BLABBERMOUTH.NET is disabled and will remain so until we have cleaned up the comments database and are satisfied that most of the troublemakers are dealt with appropriately.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. You can also help us by reporting any instance of these rules being violated going forward