The heaviest most melodic band you can think of...

anglocentric

New Metal Member
May 29, 2008
just wondered what there was out there thats both really heavy and really melodic? (excluding power metal)

As long as we're not confusing brutality with heaviness, pretty much any funeral doom band would be in with a shout. Absoloutely crushing with unmistakeable flowing, bleak melodies.

Skepticism get my vote with Esoteric and Wormphlegm close behind.

if you are talking brutality heavy: vehemence,vital remains, beneath the massacre, necrophagist.

if you are talking more death metal, but super melodic, check out arsis for sure.

any power metal is gonna be really melodic.

Kronos from France. They're brutal death metal, but a lot of the tremolo picked parts are very catchy!

Also, Fleshgod Apocalypse - they're brutal death metal too, but have classical (with piano and orchestra) parts mixed up in their songs.

507857134_c7005c92a4.jpg

This.

Insomnium - since the day it all came down

Bolt Thrower are heavy and mellodic... well not that heavy, but heavy enough.

Perfect recommendation - though I've yet to hear a song heavier than World Eater. In fact, Realm of Chaos is one of the, if not the, heaviest albums ever. One of the greatest albums as well.

Every time I listen to World Eater, I stalk around the house like a Chaos God, clutching imaginary grapefruits. I couldn't imagine seeing it played live - I would be way too tempted to just flay the flesh from my face.