The "I'm searching for..." thread

Gtranquillity: Thank you for the hints. For all those who think, "The River Flows Frozen" (isn´t it "runs frozen"?), I have that one already for a while, and I like it. I can´t say a general opinion on if that is their weakest song or not, because as mentioned, I don´t know that many. The one I love most at the moment is "Shattered Soul".

Of Charon, I think their best record is Tearstained, but basically all four are very good. It took me a while to like "The Dying Daylights" as much as I usually like Charon-Records, but one day it suddenly clicked. :)

And yes, I found a lot of bands through downloading, but at the moment I don´t do it since my fancy computer has only modem and it would cost me a lot of money. The only thing I don´t like about mp3s, is when someone thinks he´s cool and publishes mp3s from promo-discs before release-date. That´s unfair and evil.

@fire: well, it depends. i love hearing songs from my fave bands well before release date, but rest assured that i actually do buy the albums when they are released. i've got the new bad religion two months ahead of time, but i'm positive i'll get at least two copies when it comes out.

Gtranquillity said:
:err: It was? How could I've missed that - I'm on Ebay on a daily basis but haven't seen it :confused:
I think I found it after looking at a sellers items, and they spelled the band name wrong ("dark tranquiltity" i think)

sometimes things just don't come up :(

I'll tell you if I see any of these though, the Zodijackyl Light video shouldn't be that hard to find...

fireangel said:
And it are not "normal" people who buy CDs when they are released; the leaking of CDs can naturally only come from people within the business, so it´s their own fault, but all people get the disadvantages others created.
this is true. i don't really share such a harsh judgement about people who divulge the material before the release date because of the fact itself, but due to their dishonesty towards the bands. it's true that for most bands i think it helps record sales instead of bringing them down, and it's true that there is not much difference between a certain release date or the month before, still these are quite sleazy acts that are done behind the band's back most of the times.
bands in the most styles - unless they risk being ripped off by fake (copied) cd's sold as original cd's - should probably put their own material on the net for free download themselves, but no one is entitled to take the decision away from them and spread it before time.

thus said, i admit i do wait impatiently for records to leak and i download them the day they do. it's like a new release date for me. however, i would never put them online myself, as hypocritical as it may sound.

Malaclypse said:
i am looking for old novembre albums, if someone wants to part with his/hers... :D
i can send you "wish i could dream it again" if you want. just give me time to make a copy for myself and then pm me your address. i don't really mind not having the original of it, so you can have it for free as well. :)

can nobody help me find my beloved bootleg? that was a concert i was this *makes statement with fingers* close to seeing. only thing was i had no friend going with me, and being alone in stockholm nightime is frightening, not to say stupid.

dark tranquillity-klubben-stockholm-sweden-december-2002-05

i know Gtranquillity has it, problem is she wants trades, and i'm not a trader. i have nothing to trade with. If anyone should happen to stumble upon this gig, don't be afraid to pm me or email or anything, c'mon. I would worship you.

I'm looking for nearly anything of DT I don't actually have... Including:

- the Tourshirt of 2002 (I was in Frankfurt and didn't buy it...)
- the "Trail of life decayed" 7" EP
- the Septic Broiler Demo Tape
- all LP's except "Damage Done"

I'm also looking for some old Vinyl these Days, for Example by Warlock, Twisted Sister and so on... At The Gates - Slaughter Of The Soul is another dream...

rahvin said:
i can send you "wish i could dream it again" if you want. just give me time to make a copy for myself and then pm me your address. i don't really mind not having the original of it, so you can have it for free as well. :)

sounds nice enough to me :D :hotjump:

@malaclypse: i could send you 'classica', but i suspect you already have it. :err:

i'm looking for psychotic waltz albums. they are being re-released now, but some idiot decided to change the artwork. :bah:

i am currently trying to order classica and novembrine waltz torugh amazon, though it seems that at lesat classica is out of print (est. shipping time 4-6 weeks). i'll come back to you if i won't get it from there :D

Gtranquillity said:
Dark Tranquillity - Zodijackyl light retail video '97
I actually might know of a place that has this- I take it it's the only version of the vid that was sold? In a cardboard case (I think it was blue, or had a star background or something)?

[edit]oh, and Rhavin, it's been a while since I've been through the PL section in my local store, but if you wanna mention specific titles you're after I can check it out, various things turn up from time to time ( a copy of the "As I Die" ep turned up a while ago, which surprised me)

Malaclypse said:
i am currently trying to order classica and novembrine waltz torugh amazon, though it seems that at lesat classica is out of print (est. shipping time 4-6 weeks). i'll come back to you if i won't get it from there :D
ok. just let me know if you need it. :D