The Metal Press

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
So...do you guys read metal magazines these days? Or do you get all your info from the web? I must admit, I buy less metal mags than I used to but I still read the following regularly

PowerPlay
Terrorizer
Classic Rock
Brave Words+Bloody Knuckles (when I can find it)
Fireworks

Other than that there isn't too much available over in the UK....unless you want to read about the latest nu-metal darlings!

Classic Rock is about the only magazine I read on an irregular basis. Is very good. Terrorizer rocks also, along with Anime Invasion! :D

scream magazine is about the only real metal magazine i read, because there isn't alot of metal magazines over here :)
you will find stuff about "metal" artists like slipnot and korn in some magazines, but since i hate that NU metal shit i'm not buying those :D
i remember scream did a review of the power quest demo, and they did of course like the music! :D

I subscribe to Classic Rock and still find that a fairly good read...apart from the articles they keep doing on Bon Jovi....sorry, I'm not going there at this moment in time..I would hate to offend any Bon Jovi fans out there. I have bought Terrorizer on occassion and Fireworks if there is something within that appeals.

I'm hoping that some of these mags will give PQ some decent support when the album is out. Powerplay have been good and I hope Fireworks will take an interest (we've spent enough money on advertising with these mags)

Not so sure about Terrorizer and Classic Rock......are we their bag, so to speak?

I would say that Powerplay and Fireworks are your best bet. Classic Rock is more trad metal orientated if anything and of late has, I think, become alot more rock than metal.

Have you tried getting some of your stuff played on Total Rock? I listen to Doom on a Saturday night most weekends and he plays power metal...and has played band demos too. He seems to be up for promoting new talent!

Originally posted by dragonmaiden
I subscribe to Classic Rock and still find that a fairly good read...apart from the articles they keep doing on Bon Jovi....sorry, I'm not going there at this moment in time..I would hate to offend any Bon Jovi fans out there. I have bought Terrorizer on occassion and Fireworks if there is something within that appeals.

They played Living On A Prayer by Bon Jovi at a club I went to the other week - I was converted on the spot :cool: but I know exactly where you're coming from so don't worry. I take it you haven't read their big feature on Def Leppard last issue then? ;)

Symphony - don't you have a demo review from Terrorizer posted on the website? They seemed quite receptive to it, so I reckon you'd have a chance in there. Classic Rock, too, I reckon would grant space for at least a review. Have you considered some of the American magazines like Metal Edge and Metal Maniacs? I keep forgetting which of those two is the better....

Actually Living On A Prayer is one of the few Bon Jovi songs I like. It's all the later stuff I'm not into. As far as Def Leppard goes...I love them....especially Pyromania and Hysteria...so yep..I DID read that article.

pyromania is a great album...yep, i would say their best. but i'm not so fond of the latest releases. the new album isn't that good. they have changed their style a bit..

Metal Maniacs is the better metal magazines here in the US but MM still is all about nu-metal crap. BW & BK are the BEST I'll seen in a long time. Why don't you try BW & BK? Try to get a song on their disc. That'll kick some ass!

My Metal friend in Florida can get PQ some airplay on WVUM. (University Of Miami) Every Wednesday nights from 10pm-1am is their metal time. You need a win amp player to jam.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :Shedevil: :D

Originally posted by WeekendWarrior
pyromania is a great album...yep, i would say their best. but i'm not so fond of the latest releases. the new album isn't that good. they have changed their style a bit..

There's only two songs on Pyromania I truly like - Photograph and Rock Of Ages. And the reason I class Hysteria as my favourite Def Leppard album is because I like Animal and Pour Some Sugar On Me slightly more :)

My monthly magazine food is the German Rock Hard which covers just about any style of metal (from Bon Jovi to Cannibal Corpse). I'll let you know if there is any mention of Power Quest ... and if there isn't I might let THEM know that there should be! But since this style is very popular over here on the continent, there's a real good chance! :)