The new album?

I've just realized the song is entitled 'TRIESTEITALIANA' e not 'TRISTE ITALIANA' :p. Trieste is a town in the North-East of Italy, while 'triste' means sad... I can't wait to get the whole lyrix of this song.
haha i was so surprised when i saw the title. trieste is the city i live in :)

can't wait to hear the new album! it's a pity there are a lot of growls and not much italian singing, but i'm sure it's great. *waits patiently*

Hellooo Diandra!

Trieste is nice place.

There isnt loooads of growls on the album, just more than Materia. Still lots of excellent clean melodies. It is a shame about lack of italian parts, I could never understand it but I enjoyed the language sang by them. Most bands I just cant take foreign lyrics...italian works well though. Not like Japanese, argh.

Hellooo Diandra!

Trieste is nice place.

There isnt loooads of growls on the album, just more than Materia. Still lots of excellent clean melodies. It is a shame about lack of italian parts, I could never understand it but I enjoyed the language sang by them. Most bands I just cant take foreign lyrics...italian works well though. Not like Japanese, argh.

I normally can't stand Italian lyrics because they usually have little or no structure with the rest of the song and kind of stick out like a sore thumb, but Novembre is the only band in my opinion who can get away with it and sound great.

I, um, acquired the new release and it is mindblowing.

If I've well heard, 'Triesteitaliana' is the only Italian word in the whole album...
I hope Novembre will also dedicate a song to my beautiful and dreamy Florence, one day.

And yes, I had the confirmation from a guy of Oblivio that the vocalist is the same, Francesca. It seems that she's not a professional singer. It just happened her to be in the studio and recorded some vocal lines... Lucky her.
You must absolutely listen to the song 'Distant memories' of Oblivio, bcs Carmelo is memorable and even what he sings, even the words aren't him.

Hellooo Diandra!

Trieste is nice place.
Hello Jack :)
How do you know Trieste is a nice place? please don't tell me you've been there..

Their Italian lyrics are enjoyable because they are completely unintelligible :lol:

And what's wrong with Japanese?:cry: I hope you just meant Japanese lyrics..

I live close to Trieste. It's a nice place, and is kind of split between Italy and Slovenia. It's more eastern European in my opinion than Italian. It's still very beautiful.

There's sort of a running joke that the Friulani want to give it back to Slovenia, :lol:.

Yeah I have been to Trieste Diandra! Quite a few years ago though, enjoyed it. Was going to carry on to Pula across the way but stayed in Trieste instead.

I want to go back to Italy, I seem to be there loads...I love it. Sardinia is my next mission. Want to go to Corsica again as that is a lovely island and then get a boat down there.

anybody notice that Aquamarine and Aenamia are 2 songs that are very different to novembre's normal stuff? its not that it sounds like dif band, but those 2 songs seem more "stuctured, groove-orientated, catchy, and full of distinct riff's"....just all together a song that is based on groove and distinction rather than a song that just kinda blends together and is meant for the mood?

Aquamarine i love for the 2nd half of the song with that guitar part (prolly know what im talking about) and Aneamia for how his amazing singing and how catchy the singing parts are in that song.

I generally like Novembre, but these two songs are the main reason i like the band. I honestly wish they would do alot more songs like these two.....and songs like "the promise" even tho it was a cover....that type of song fit them really well too.

Just i liked the whole materia albulm....none of the songs really lived up to Aquamarine tho, so i was still dissapointed a lil, but the albulm still had its really good points.

And now ive heard all of "the blue" and im glad to say i dl'ed it instead of buying it. I'm really dissapointed at how when i heard "aneamia" it became one of my fav songs almost instantly....its always in my head...and the rest of the albulm just is kinda bleh....and even when it seems like at some point its starting to get better, something happens in the songs that sets it back to bleh......although i know that all these songs are more like all of novembre's songs, and its just what they do.....i really do think they need a sound update to make more songs like aquamarine, the promise, and aneamia.....while still making some songs that sound like their normal stuff....

anyone else agree?

kinda like how My Dying Bride made "The Cruel Taste Of Winter" and "my Hope The Destroyer"
catchy songs compaired to their normal stuff
idk im just that type of person who likes these bands, but would like these bands to be a lil catchier in their songs, cuz when it happens....i love them for it

I disagree... I prefer complex stuff, it's more interesting, I like listening to an album a lot and discover new stuff every time. If i want to listen to catchy music, I listen to HIM, late Sentenced or some other pop and commercial metal band.

Yeah if all you want from the music is more catchy motives and riffs there is much better bands to listen, Novembre is more interesting than that.

Listen to bands like In Flames etc...they seem to only care about hooks these days.

well i listened to the albulm more and like it alot better....noticed alot more hooks in it....and while i think i like all the songs on the albulm better, i think that novembre at least should repeat their hooks a few times instead of singing/playing them once....like at the end of "sound odessy"....i loved the ending vocal part to that....but then the song ended making me wished it was longer, wanting to hear that part again in the same song......and i had the same feeling for many other songs, wishing some of the guitar and vocal parts were repeated various times in the songs rather than played only once.....doesnt even have to be in a verse/chorus fashion....that could be boring....but still i like hearing catchy parts more than once....Bluecracy did a pretty good job of that tho, and Anaemia....i wished so bad that Anaemia went on after what seemed like a "middle of the song solo" at the end....thats what kinda happened for alotta songs on this cd....they get really good toward the end, and then end...idk i think all the songs are good but they seem like they could have been so much better if they went on for another good 3 minutes or so.

I think it too... the most beautiful episodes such as 'Sound odissey', 'Iridiscence', 'Zenith', 'Argentic' or 'Deorbit' sometimes sound too short! I just hope that in the next gigs, they wouldn't make as always done with all those outstanding songs from 'Arte Novecento', that they've seldom played live. I want songs like those few above-mentioned to be performed live.

Of course, we noticed it ;)
Peaceville's done a good job with both KatatoniA - when they released the LIVE | CONSTERNATION - and Novembre, with these minisites to announce/promote the new material.
I'm talkin' to a guy who was used to write on this forum right now and he's tellin' me that KatatoniA played 'Without god' :hotjump: after 'Murder'. I heard that song live only once back in 1996. KatatoniA should play some old songs more often during their gigs.

mmh i hoped in a special edition of The Blue, like those for The great Cold Distance or A Line Of Deathless Kings, but it seems there will be only a regular edition. Moreover, i've seen Peaceville is doing some special offers on their shop, selling their last releases and a t-shirt with a special price, so sign of this offer for The blue...