The Official Movie Thread

51NTB7nt4jL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

raf,750x1000,075,t,a50120:b8be0d17f7.jpg

I'm so jaded about anything Alien these days.

I'm being cautiously optimistic. At least we don't have to worry about Scott fucking things up more than he already has; and Alvarez has chops, so we'll see.

I'm also extremely excited for this. Granted, the marketing campaign could turn out to be better than the actual film... but then, Oz Perkins is a quirky dude, and Nic Cage has been eating the industry for breakfast lately. Again, I'm optimistic.

Reactions: CiG
The Rock looks pretty unrecognizable as Mark Kerr, in the new Ben Safdie movie The Smashing Machine. Wild shit. Finally he took a role where he doesn't just play himself.

erherh.jpg

le-samourai.gif

Rewatched Le Samouraï and man it's still one of the most subtly mysterious films I've seen. I looked around online and it seems like no critics truly know what happened and the reason it ended the way it did. They just bang on about the style and its influence on cinema.

Kinda tempted to watch it again with a notepad and autistically figure it out myself. :lol:

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
furiosa review from letterboxd:
"I was 100% certain that Fury Road was going to suck, then changed my mind five minutes in and never looked back: saw it four times theatrically and still consider it one of the best movies of the past decade. Apparently I never learn, because I was 100% certain that Furiosa was going to suck, too, because I thought the trailer looked bad and the concept was lame and I had basically no interest in an expansion of this story, especially in the direction of a prequel. The lesson is to never doubt George Miller because George Miller is clearly a genius and should simply be trusted to do what he wants with this material, however unpromising it sounds. If you had asked me what qualities were indispensable to Fury Road’s success and should be retained for another movie no matter what I would have said its narrative economy and structural simplicity; Miller ditched both and somehow this movie is just as good, if not even better. I realize this is an annoying comparison, but it’s kind of like Twin Peaks The Return in that sense: on paper almost every single creative decision seems like the wrong choice and a betrayal of what was good about the original, but in practice those differences prove exactly right and it all works precisely in opposition to and in conversation with its predecessor. So many indelible images and sublime grace notes..."

Theres some pretty cool IG pages dedicated to old school movies. People showing their old VHS collections and bunch of other shit. I think some you guys would dig em...

This popped up in my feed earlier...
Screenshot-20240525-194226.png

...still havent seen Re-Animator :err:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Every day I see more rave reviews for Furiosa from my letterboxd follows. Can't wait to see it, think I have to save it for after exams though

Watched The Fall Guy last night. What a fucking pile of shit movie that was. I didn't think they could out do the new Roadhouse in the shitty stakes but they did it.