The PQ how are you today?/discussion thread

Is today a special day at all for you lot across the pond? Obviously it's Independence Day in the USA, so tonight's a bit of a party night! Fireworks all over the place, gonna have some fun for a change!

Is today a special day at all for you lot across the pond? Obviously it's Independence Day in the USA, so tonight's a bit of a party night! Fireworks all over the place, gonna have some fun for a change!

Nope, but I did buy a pint of special 'Independence Ale' in 'Spoons this evening.

We have bonfire night instead, it ties in nicely with Halloween. That's probably my favourite time of year.

Because I'm not 12 any more, Andy. :lol:

I don't like Christmas at all. Too many family gatherings and repetitive conversations. The food is good but there's nothing stopping you from having a Christmas dinner any time of the year.

Birthdays are nice, but they're far too individual. As soon as everyone in the country starts dressing up as ghouls, starting bonfires and letting off fireworks for my birthday, I'll start liking it more.

Because I'm not 12 any more, Andy. :lol:

I don't like Christmas at all. Too many family gatherings and repetitive conversations. The food is good but there's nothing stopping you from having a Christmas dinner any time of the year.

Birthdays are nice, but they're far too individual. As soon as everyone in the country starts dressing up as ghouls, starting bonfires and letting off fireworks for my birthday, I'll start liking it more.
But Christmas is badass! It's ace food and an excuse to drink lot. As is birthday. Did you have a nasty birthday-based accident when you were younger?

I don't care much for the family gatherings myself at Christmas, but I love everything else about i.

I don't actively like or dislike family gatherings, but it's definitely not the best thing about the time.

Yea. I have a thing where I can't handle a small room with a lot of people in it, it really just drives me insane, so the past couple of holiday seasons at my house I've just spent it either here on the computer or in my room playing music because it's so much more comfortable. Obviously I come into the mix here and there but not for long.

Yea. I have a thing where I can't handle a small room with a lot of people in it, it really just drives me insane, so the past couple of holiday seasons at my house I've just spent it either here on the computer or in my room playing music because it's so much more comfortable. Obviously I come into the mix here and there but not for long.
Aye, that's fair enough. It's always good to get away from the crowd and blast some good music out ;)

Aye, that's fair enough. It's always good to get away from the crowd and blast some good music out ;)

Until they come looking for you and ask you to entertain them for the next two hours when you're trying to practice something. I'm not Billy Joel, man. :erk:

I went to a local fair tonight with the girl I've got a thing for and even though it rained hard and was eventually freezing, I had a lot of fun. We left early and spent a few hours partying at the house of a friend who I haven't seen in like six or seven years. Tonight ruled!

I went to a local fair tonight with the girl I've got a thing for and even though it rained hard and was eventually freezing, I had a lot of fun. We left early and spent a few hours partying at the house of a friend who I haven't seen in like six or seven years. Tonight ruled!
Wahey! Hope that one goes well ;)

It looks like it's going well so far, but who knows! Haha.. we'll see in time.

Bookcrossing sounds like an interesting thing. I might have to get in on this!