The T.V. thread...

yeh that was a long time ago though, i think i read some years ago that the sets were gone/destroyed/re-purposed and the whole deadwood movie thing wasnt gonna happen :(

Its got humor in it, but its so much more! Great characters, good stories, some really great dialogue... Its basically a western with spaceships.

Not TV exactly but..."House of Cards" (quotations or italics? Hmm)
It's good. Lurch would approve.

they are copying the Danish version ..., which was 2 seasons. actually less episodes even, 20 total.

btw ... wife watched the Second "series" of the Danish Killing which was a new mystery with only 10 episodes and said it ruled.
So AMC did in fact bring back "The Killing" for a 3rd season. It's interesting given that they chose to do so, given that they no longer have the Danish show, on which it's based, to use as a platform. That said, with only two episodes to go, this is by far the best and darkest season so far.

Oh yeah, I've started watching the show Copper on Netflix. Comes on BBC America, I think. Pretty cool show. Three episodes in and I'm fairly hooked.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2006374/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl
"Set in the Five Points neighborhood of New York City in the 1860s, focusing on a rugged young Irish cop who is forced to navigate his unruly and dangerous immigrant neighborhood while interacting with the uptown Manhattan crowd and the black community."
Copper-BBC-America-2012-season-1-poster.jpg

I caught 3 minutes of it, looked good enough, but I called it a day. I cant sink my teeth into any new shows until I'm done with BattleStar Galactica. 10 episodes to go, last viewed 2 months ago.

TV is a damn chore.

gonna start spartacus and game of thrones once we've finished dexter season 7, breaking bad 5, and the current SOA. too much damn shows. also walking dead on oct 13