The "what CDs/8-tracks did you bring to work/school/life today?" thread.

Crimson Velvet said:
Well, holidays began today, so I've just been walking around the city, enjoying all the christmas decoration. And I bought the remastered versions of Darkthrone's "Under a Funeral Moon" and "Transilvanian Hunger"! Not yet sure about how I feel for them yet, though, as both have only had one uncomplete listen so far.

Are you familiar with Neseblod Records? It's allegedly VERY GOOD if you're into extreme metal and punk, and it's located in Grünerløkka (Lathkes gate, I think). I'm planning to go there very soon.

Sure. It's easy to get there if you've ever been to "den botaniske hage". Just find Jens Bjelkes Gate to where it splits into Ratkhes Gate (not Lathkes gate). From Grünerløkka, find Thorvalds Meyers gate and follow it towards Akerselva, but take left one block ahead.

They had a good selection LPs the last time I stopped by, and some other good stuff. I'd definately recommend stopping by if you're in Oslo.

Faith No More - Album of the Year
The Lord Weird Slough Feg - Traveller
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Radiohead - OK Computer
Dredg - Leitmotif

This is all making pretty awesome rainy day music. Wish I had Ulver - Perdition City with me.

and mother fucking
keith-moon1.jpg

Crimson Velvet said:
Sure. It's easy to get there if you've ever been to "den botaniske hage". Just find Jens Bjelkes Gate to where it splits into Ratkhes Gate (not Lathkes gate). From Grünerløkka, find Thorvalds Meyers gate and follow it towards Akerselva, but take left one block ahead.

They had a good selection LPs the last time I stopped by, and some other good stuff. I'd definately recommend stopping by if you're in Oslo.

Will do so next Friday, thanks for the directions :)

Dredg - El Cielo (pretty sure I like Leitmotif better than this, but both rule)
Sting - The Soul Cages (still trying to get into this, isn't working)
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Kyuss - Queens of the Stone Age
Queens of the Stone Age - Complication EP
Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
Slo-Burn - Amusing the Amazing EP
Beastie Boys - whatever the new one is called, borrowed