things todo in the oslo area

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
so im plannin my trip out there, but i dont know what there is todo and how much it costs! so can you help me out? im into metal and the outdoors. so far my plans include going to the macabre/cephalic carnage/brutus show, going skiing up at holmen kollen (anyone know how much that is? including ski rentals), and going to the various museums.

any suggestions would be fantastic. im gonna spend about a week in the oslo area and i want todo as much as possible. i am really interested in doling outdoor stuff, cuz its cheap. things like snowshoeing, easy ice climbing, etc... i dont fear the cold!!

pardon my touristy attitude and thanks :Spin:
~gR~

yeah, i got it. when i first got it i was really rushed, so i havnt gotten to read it all the way through and reply. thanks though! any help is great
~gR~

OK! im leaving on the 27th on january! ill be there from jan 28th-feb 6th. if any of you guys wanna hang out, grab a beer, lemme know! ill be staying with a local metalhead as well. so we can go do somthin or whatever. im rather friendly, i dont bite.... unless your a chic and youre into that thing.
~gR~

I was in Norway for 8 months last year, stayed just outside of Oslo.....i would have said for you to go to Bergen or Trondheim instead of Oslo, but i would recommend going to the Viking Ship museum, and also check out the pub Elm Street, thats where Varg & Euronymous etc...used to hang out, i met Fenriz there when i stopped by, but yeah, i would say just take your time gettin around the town, and make sure you go to Kongsberg for the downhill skiing!!

we're gonna go ski up at hafjell i think. and i might do a night run at tryvann just for kicks. see if i cant get some nice night pictures of the city
~gR~

I just came back from my one and a half weeks without internet (terrible experience). You gotta go to Elm Street, a record shop called Sound Of Noise, the Viking Ship museum (it's great, been there a couple of times), perhaps the Kontiki museum at Bygdøy (a museum about Norway's greatest explorer of all time, Thor Heyerdahl). If I think of more, I'll post it here right away. And you should also go ice skating at Spikersuppa (it's in the middle of Oslo, at Karl Johan, impossible to miss :) )

sound of noise. can i get cheap metal and hats there? i need an emperor stocking cap haha.

and i plan on hitting up most the museums
~gR~

Cheap Metal in norway? ahah Nothing is cheap in Norway!! I recomend you try a Kebab by the way, and also, check out the bums up and down the streets with their little paper cups trying to scab money.

You must "slikke Norsk Fitte, det er jaevla bra!!" Sorry if thats the wrong way of spelling it, but for fuck's sake i am Aussie!! haha

yeah, i have no idea what you said.

anways. the exchange rate is pretty dramatic, so i imagine that things may be a bit cheaper for me. i like its 6.50kr to 1usd. but who knows. i just want somthing good that i cant get over here in the states
~gR~

Hm. Most things are rather expensive in Norway. But the CDs in Sound of Noise and Tiger Safari (it's next to Sound of Noise, brilliant store too) are a bit more affordable than CDs in the "regular" CD stores. A CD in an average shop costs about 200 kr, but you get em for 169 (usually) in the abovementioned shops.

PaganThunder said that "you have to lick Norwegian pussy, it's fucking great". But it's up to you to decide the quality, eh? ;)

Lol. There are a silly amount of good-looking girls in Oslo. Lots of them are very, very posh, though, wearing Burberry scarfs, Canada goose jackets and such. You're in for a fashion shock, I guess ;) There are quite a few alternative girls too, though. Dunno where you can meet up with someone.. Oh yeah, you could go to the club Last Train. I'll find some more good clubs for you soon. Alternatively, try this link:

http://adultfriendfinder.com/go/p60553.subnfnl

:p

dude, i love those proper type chics. sounds like ill be in heaven!!! alternative chics scare me.
~gR~

Hails Henrikmain, yeah mate i know thats what i said, i just didn't know if i said it right haha, can't wait to get back over to Norway though, but watchout for the price of beer, one 6 pack there costs the same as a slab here haha.

Lol, true, the beer (and other alcoholic drinks) is very expensive. You're quite good when it comes to Norwegian, PaganThunder - you know the most important things, at least: "Go to hell" and "you have to lick Norwegian pussy". ;)

So gR, did you like the pics then? Check out http://www.fyllefotografen.com
And use the menu to the right. Pictures of Oslo youth.