Top albums of 2016

So, I was curious if I'm the only one who likes DoDS so fucking much. Went over to Metal Archives to check out some reviews and it turns out that DoDS has the highest rating of any Katatonia EP/LP/Single. Turns out I'm not the odd one out then, you guys are. :p

In other news, I have actually edited my list to bump the new Katatonia album up one category. Gave it another spin this morning and it sounds better than the impression that it had left on me on my last listen.

Its was a hard album to get into, took me weeks.

Yeah, 30 spins or so on full focus jogs with the perfect atmosphere. Hard one, like a lifemöcker

So, you basically have to keep listening to it until you stockholm-syndrome yourself into liking it? :\

Last edited:
golden rule in metal: first album/ep/demo always has the highest score, because it's tr00!

I just checked a few bands at random and it doesn't seem to necessarily be true.

Also, many bands just die out/split up, if they don't have a hit first record, so that colors the data too. If you think about it, a large number of big bands have a good first album. Either way, the reviews there are enough validation for me not being completely crazy. I'll take that :p

Can you guys stop talking about DoDS please? I keep thinking of Day of Defeat: Source and I miss that game :(

My thougts exactly when people are talking about CSS in programming, bitch, Counter Strike: Source was the shit. Amazing memories from it.

ermagrud indian internet rage incoming
I'll fight you all at once. Come at me, m8.

badassgifs7.gif

I think most people joined CSGO, me included, because all my friends did.

During CSS era i started to take the game seriously, joined some clans, played mixes. But the most fun part was playing on community maps with amazing modes like jail maps, deathruns, games. mg_bob and maps similiar to that test all your skills but aiming. I learned bunny hop there, mastered the physics of the game but most importantly met amazing people.
Still remember how became admin on one of the servers and people hated me for what I did, because I banned every stupid child or toxic moron. But my politics were correct, the word got out that I dont tolerate retards and we quickly became one of the best (polish) server for this kind of play, people were guaranteed to have fun.

Eh, but it all ended with this csgo bullcrap and skins. Sure, there were some improvments, but I preferred Source with Deagle that doesnt suck and with p90 that doesnt sound like shit. I've always been a SMG master, but after they changed the sounds csgo became unplayable for me, a lot of guns sound like shit and I have trouble adjusting to the new sound system and often cant figure out where the enemy is because they screwed up something. I relied on sound a lot, maybe too much, because, fuck, im "old" now and i dont have my old reflexes.

End of rant :(