wakka wakka woooo000000

smoke.ya.later

New Metal Member
Jun 17, 2010
ok so
fruity loops forgot to make a version for mac
either that or someone forgot to tell me that they DID make a mac version

what approach would i take to produce rap/r&b/hip hop and all that shit?
software wise

or mixing wise if your generous enough lol

Any program you can make phat beatz with?

Ableton(only used live lite cause it came with a controller I bought, seemed cool)
Reason(I dig reason a lot)

Also, interesting thread title.

It really comes down to personal preference. Fool around with demo versions of the big ones (Cubase/Reason/Logic/Acid/Ableton) and see what suits you best. I use Reason and Ableton personally.

ableton is great...

reason cannot use third-party (vst/au) software plug-ins

and... image line is infact writing an osx build of fl studio.

a partner of mine has developed for image line and according to him "the mac version is floating around it's final build."

if you go to image line's webpage and look up more info... the fl studio osx availability disclaims, "not yet."

While not for rap/beats, I use FL Studio to create my drums for demos that I want to show the bandmates. Everyone tells me to use something better like Superior Drummer or DKFH but I heard those are all piano-roll style layouts and I'm just so used to FL that I'm intimidated to move on.

While not for rap/beats, I use FL Studio to create my drums for demos that I want to show the bandmates. Everyone tells me to use something better like Superior Drummer or DKFH but I heard those are all piano-roll style layouts and I'm just so used to FL that I'm intimidated to move on.

sd2 & dkfh are software instruments.

you can use the dxi/vsti in fl studio.

fl studio also uses piano roll for more detailed editing... as does every other daw.

it doesn't take much time getting used to. i would recommend try something other than the step sequencer style drum editing... i'm sure you will find that the general midi, cell editing (piano roll) yields a more versatile instantiation to a faster and more efficient workflow.

also, i'm not saying fl studio and reason are bad... or that any other is better... just that the both are a lot different and far less non-linear unlike ableton/pt/cubase etc.

Reaper.

You can load rex loop files, VSTs and VSTis (something that Reason lacks), it´s the best for normal DAW tasks (something that Ableton Live lacks) and you can easily automate and route ANY parameter (plugin or not). If you put a nice beat sampler VSTi like Native Instruments stuff (Battery and Maschine) it gets killer.

cant i just use reason IN protools 8?
i dont want to start using other DAW's

thats lame
i like to stick to one thing

jeez...u know what
maybe i might just stay away from producing rap n shit lol
sounds like too much trouble lol

plus..
most rap sucks anyway

thanks guys! : )
alota people here know their shit.