What are you listening to today?

I just re-discovered Countdown to Extinction from Megadeth, great cd, though I always need some time to get used to the vocals. But songs like Sweating Bullets, Psychotron, Symphony of Destruction and This Was My Life are pretty cool. :)

I think Dave reached the peak of his singing ability on "Reckoning Day", I didn't quite like his vocals until I heard that song. :kickass:

"Architecture of Aggression" is a good runner-up just cause somehow he doesn't hyperventilate when singing that chorus! :OMG:

"Malmsteen is putting the finishing touches on a new studio album, tentatively due in July. Yngwie's new band includes Tim "Ripper" Owens (BEYOND FEAR, ex-JUDAS PRIEST, ICED EARTH) on vocals, Bjorn Englen on bass, Michael Troy on keyboards, and Patrik Johansson on drums. "

Ripper is joining forces with Yngwie??
Maybe Yngwie will put forth a good album now?

That's pretty old news actually :)

I'm not too familiar with Yngwie's music, but I didn't like the bit that I did hear and I don't think different vocalists would have too big of an impact on it.

That's pretty old news actually :)

I'm not too familiar with Yngwie's music, but I didn't like the bit that I did hear and I don't think different vocalists would have too big of an impact on it.

His first two albums, in my opinion, were very good. Everything after that was shite.
Hopefully something with equal calibur to the first two will be put out.
Just hoping; and I never saw that Ripper joined with Yngwie, I dont have any metal friends IRL, buncha losers.. So I gotta rape the interweb for my news :p

Morgana Lefay!

They once have been my favorite band. Well, until I heard Days Of Purgatory for the first time. Here's the link to a great song called "Maleficium" I just discovered on youtube. Didn't know there's a video to any of their songs.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rTkPS-oL4w

The whole album (also called Maleficium) is about the inquistion. It's a great record but for me The Secret Doctrine is their best release up to date. It's really worth checking out. :)

Brainstorm - Falling Spiral Down

Fuck yes! Waiting for this CD to arrive in the mail this week.
Damn good album...did you order the jakebox edition? It's a pretty trippy package with the 3-D cover and funky foldout :) I disagree about the new Firewind...both albums with Apollo are great, though Allegiance is better.

Listened to Epica's The Divine Conspiracy again this week after a hiatus...still brilliant :worship:

Apollo's a hell of a singer but this is the first album I bought from theirs and I have a feeling it wasn't the right choice.

About Brainstorm; sadly no - I just got the standard boring "Shinobi Voorhees" cover version. :(

Anyhoo, currently listening to Nightingale - Eternal. :kickass:

So, my buddy showed me some like hardcoreish band or whatever he described their genre as; I totally thought I was going to hate it, but it ended up being epic. So I keep watching the youtube video of it.
here ya go;

Last edited by a moderator: