What bands do you hate to admit you like?

I am not ashamed to admit liking any style or artist because almost all I can find has some redeeming quality, from the fluidity of the way a rapper can intertwine lyrics, to the soulful violin in classical, or the adrenaline inspired crunch of a rhythm guitar during a thrash song. Theres almost always something I can find that inspires or interests me. Of course this does exclude crabcore lol

Triumph Of Steel... soundwise it´s a masterpiece, the reverb (atmosphere) on this cd is unbelievable. certainly the usual lexicon stuff. Anyone know it?

Manowar used to be my favorite band when I was 11 or so. Right, that's 4 years ago hahaha! :devil:

I remember it totally, great production!

i discovered her because of
her song on the Final fantasy : the spirit within movie OST
then i started to listen to her cds
and i really like her

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJINX_lROTI

God I saw this movie and I never knew that. Weird! Being (or having been...) a huge FF fan I saw this movie and I liked it very much, though I wondered WTH they had to put Final Fantasy in the title: :Spin:

I always thought Sum 41's "Does This Look Infected?" was pretty damn heavy for a pop punk band! \m/

I hate to admit this, but I liked "Soundtrack To Your Escape". Don't get me wrong though, Reroute was still garbage.

Really? No one said ACE OF BASE!?!?! The sign was one of the first CDs i ever owned. I been into that swedish scene since 3rd grade lol.

Linkin Park's earlier nu-metal stuff, Alan Menkin (golden age of Disney stuff), Evanescence, BT, Lily Allen (you heard me), Roxette and Kate Ryan.

I'm not really embarrassed to admit to liking anything.

I like plenty of stuff. It's funny when you tell people that are into metal, the looks on some peoples faces is hilarious.

And then there's some people who know my music and that I compose etc... So when you tell them you like some pop they're like "dude I thought you were a composer" HAAAAAAHAHAHA.

Music is music. You like what you like. Good music is good music regardless of style, genre etc...

I'm with Ermz - lately I've been listening to a lot of the older Korn & Limp Bizkit stuff. I guess I'm on a nu-metal buzz lately. Linkin Park have so many great songs, it's ridiculous!

when it comes to power metal, the thought of being a knight in shining armour, riding into battle on the back of a dragon, wielding a jewel encursted sword and a keytar makes me VERY unhappy.

but i am listening to some doom drone right now and it is putting me in a good mood, which i needed
so there you go

Check out more power metal stuff. The description that you mentioned up there is very stereotypical.

Most doom fans need councelling IMHO. I'm not saying you do, but in general.

there is this punk "faderhead" here in hamburg. His songs are quite good, but I wouldn't say anyone. ;-)

My girlfriend (now my ex) got me into a lot of Imogen Heap. I still listen to that stuff. *shrugs* Apart from that, I can't believe that I'm listening to BFMV's "Scream, Aim, and Fire" right now.:erk: