What happened in late 1999-early 2000?

Draugen

I I I
Nov 7, 2002
Malmo, Sweden
The thing is, I just browsed on a veeeeery old V-page that hasn't been updated since late 1999. It said that "Ödemarkens Son" was just released and had this info about the "new" album.

* The next album is called Naturmystik (“Nature mysticism”) and not as planned Skogen sover!!!
It contains of 8-9 tracks and will be published next year.

Mr. V, what I now wonder is if this record (I assume that this became "Cosmic Genesis") was supposed to be completly in Swedish at first? That sounds about right in my opinion, since Astral And Arcane at first was meant to be "Döpt I En Jökelsjö" and Cosmic Genesis (the song) to be "Skogen Sover". Was all songs supposed to be in Swedish at first?

I find it interesting to know if something happened to you here. Did you suddenly think "I must do this in English now" or something else?
Please note that this I no critisicm whatsoever. I simply love Cosmic Genesis, but I just want to know what stood behind this change.

It seems as there were a change in his field of interests. It changed from nature to cosmic science and physics. And those are rather modern like English is said to be a modern language and there are also alot of famous American scientists. Maybe Mr. V thought that this language fits to the modern style of music and the thematic given on that album a bit better than Swedish lyrics. Maybe.. ;)

Thidrek said:
It seems as there were a change in his field of interests. It changed from nature to cosmic science and physics. And those are rather modern like English is said to be a modern language and there are also alot of famous American scientists. Maybe Mr. V thought that this language fits to the modern style of music and the thematic given on that album a bit better than Swedish lyrics. Maybe.. ;)

I agree, this sounds like a good explination. Maybe... ;)

Mr V use to say that he didn't wanted to make Ödemarkens son II, so they took the nature lyrics to the next level. Instead of lyrics about nature in northen europe they are now about nature in the whole universe. Galaxies and molecules instead of forests and mountains.
That's what I recall Mr V saying on these forums, and elsewhere, at least.

amf said:
Mr V use to say that he didn't wanted to make Ödemarkens son II, so they took the nature lyrics to the next level. Instead of lyrics about nature in northen europe they are now about nature in the whole universe. Galaxies and molecules instead of forests and mountains.
That's what I recall Mr V saying on these forums, and elsewhere, at least.

Well, yes that is what I remember as well. I guess I didn't phrase my question exactly the way it was supposed to sound. And frankly, now I can't remember what it was that I was aiming for - oh well...

So, but what comes next? The physics thematic will be battared very soon and there must come a new one for that he does not produce "The Focusiong Blur II" ;)
What about "Da real W1n73r50rr0w" with songs straight from the ghetto of Skellefteå :tickled:
Or what about marketing music for McD and Disney?

Or maybe the lyrics just become more philosphically ;)

Thidrek said:
So, but what comes next? The physics thematic will be battared very soon and there must come a new one for that he does not produce "The Focusiong Blur II" ;)
What about "Da real W1n73r50rr0w" with songs straight from the ghetto of Skellefteå :tickled:

Aight! Hip-hop music with McD-influences would rule!

Draugen said:
The thing is, I just browsed on a veeeeery old V-page that hasn't been updated since late 1999. It said that "Ödemarkens Son" was just released and had this info about the "new" album.

* The next album is called Naturmystik (“Nature mysticism”) and not as planned Skogen sover!!!
It contains of 8-9 tracks and will be published next year.

Mr. V, what I now wonder is if this record (I assume that this became "Cosmic Genesis") was supposed to be completly in Swedish at first? That sounds about right in my opinion, since Astral And Arcane at first was meant to be "Döpt I En Jökelsjö" and Cosmic Genesis (the song) to be "Skogen Sover". Was all songs supposed to be in Swedish at first?

I find it interesting to know if something happened to you here. Did you suddenly think "I must do this in English now" or something else?
Please note that this I no critisicm whatsoever. I simply love Cosmic Genesis, but I just want to know what stood behind this change.

No, the whole album was not going to be in Swedish, "Naturmystik" was just a misunderstanding from the guy who did the site..it was meant to be a intrumental part on Cosmic Genesis, but we never included it.

The step to switch to use mostly English lyrics was a dialog between all my senses, I came to the conslusion that if I wanted to evolve as a lyricist and not stagnate I needed a change...I mean I can write "TillFjälls" lyrics in my sleep..and I get very bored by writing on the same topics over-and-over again...so I was true to myself and took a stand for artistic reasons...

mr V

Thidrek said:

I've written all the lyrics for the new album...it will be different than TFB..it's kind of an educational album in a way as it deals with a lot of things regarding man's progression and understanding of our surroundings..but not in the same way as TFB, that was kind of questionings, these are more like statements and dialogues between different characters.

mr V

Vintersorg said:
I've written all the lyrics for the new album...it will be different than TFB..it's kind of an educational album in a way as it deals with a lot of things regarding man's progression and understanding of our surroundings..but not in the same way as TFB, that was kind of questionings, these are more like statements and dialogues between different characters.

mr V

Sounds really interesting. Are you somewhat influenced of your current learnings then? What I mean is if the fact that you're studying to become a teacher has anything to do with it?

Since we touched philosophy, i see you've included it on Cosmic Genesis.
Did you reffer to Bruno as a philosophist, or just to his scientific work. (which are more or less the same). And what did you mean by "memory artist"?

If I'm not mistaken, I think that Bruno's philosophy had a vast influence on you,
because of the song titles like A microscopical Macrocosm, and A Sphere in a Sphere (to infinity), in which I hear echoes of his words. Am I correct?

Horz said:
Since we touched philosophy, i see you've included it on Cosmic Genesis.
Did you reffer to Bruno as a philosophist, or just to his scientific work. (which are more or less the same). And what did you mean by "memory artist"?

If I'm not mistaken, I think that Bruno's philosophy had a vast influence on you,
because of the song titles like A microscopical Macrocosm, and A Sphere in a Sphere (to infinity), in which I hear echoes of his words. Am I correct?

As you also insinuated his philosophical efforts is kind of forged into his scientific work...so when you're refering to him I guess both sides is being mentioned. His philosophy is interesting and he was working in a very interesting time era...the world and the universe was kind of unexplored in a vaster scale, it was kind of a second BIg Bang, when man understood that Earth isn't the centre of the universe...so I like that era a lot..but not just Bruno. Still my interest in the science and philosophy is constantly in a progressive curve.

mr V

Vintersorg said:

mr V
Sounds interesting, think I will appericate these lyrics more than the more philosophical ones from the recent albums (never been much of a fan of philosophy, hehe). :)

But what I'm really curious about is the 'glance at the past' MCD that has been mentioned. Can you disclose anything about it?

amf said:
Sounds interesting, think I will appericate these lyrics more than the more philosophical ones from the recent albums (never been much of a fan of philosophy, hehe). :)

But what I'm really curious about is the 'glance at the past' MCD that has been mentioned. Can you disclose anything about it?

The Mcd is something really cool...the things I've said about it can of course be misunderstood..what I've said is that the music is both a look back and a look forward. We've decided to do it for more experimentation..Some element and one riff is actually from the Vargatron days in ´93..while other songs has some more odd frames and riffs...nearly a Tango-part in one track..and more blackmetal in others..so it's something nice to do, along with the "normal" CD

Vintersorg said:
The Mcd is something really cool...the things I've said about it can of course be misunderstood..what I've said is that the music is both a look back and a look forward. We've decided to do it for more experimentation..Some element and one riff is actually from the Vargatron days in ´93..while other songs has some more odd frames and riffs...nearly a Tango-part in one track..and more blackmetal in others..so it's something nice to do, along with the "normal" CD
Bring it on!!! :D

All of this new Vintersorg stuff sounds really awesome, I'm excited to hear what the new 70'ish prog sounding material will be like.

Vintersorg said:

Say, this sounds great, do you have a release date? Or is it a "work in progress"?