What records do you think need a proper reissue? SOUND OFF!

Now I'm thinking about the entire disscography of Depressive Age. There are some copies around, but they're really underrated and maybe a remaster would make them better.
Same for Patriarch (from Belgium), "Prophecy" and "World Within Worlds" are rare as hell (the first one can be found only on vinyl) and a remaster for both would be necessary!

Shamefully unrated band.

I would second the Praying Mantis album and raise it to most of their discography.

I would like to see Witchhammer, Apocalypse, Artch, Armed Forces, Jerusalem, Psychotic Waltz

I would second the Praying Mantis album and raise it to most of their discography.

I would like to see Witchhammer, Apocalypse, Artch, Armed Forces, Jerusalem, Psychotic Waltz

Jerusalem was just done by Rockadrome Records - if we are thinking about the same band. Metal Blade still owns Psychotic Waltz and Artch I believe. I would be all over Artch if i could land the rights, but those 2 disc reissues seemed to be well distributed a few years back. Not sure what demand would be these days.

First time I listened to Patriarch! Always overlooked that band but I immediately remembered that name. A Re-Issue of that album would kick ass.
fuck yeah Depressive Age deserve definitly more recognition and their copies are way too rare. I luckily picked up a "like new" copy of First Depression (Original Gun Records) for a ridiculously low price.

Patriarch kicks ass still today (they're also working on a new album), but some months ago I asked the guitar player if there were plans for a re-release of the second album... and he told me that the relations with the label were really bad at the time, so the original tapes are still at some studio but they have no plans at all...
About Depressive Age: I found a promo copy of "Lying In Wait" (there are lots around!) but soon their used copies won't be found so easily anymore...

However today I'm happy enough for knowing about Septic Flesh reissues! :loco:

Jerusalem was just done by Rockadrome Records - if we are thinking about the same band. Metal Blade still owns Psychotic Waltz and Artch I believe. I would be all over Artch if i could land the rights, but those 2 disc reissues seemed to be well distributed a few years back. Not sure what demand would be these days.

I was thinking more of Ulf Christiansson's Jerusalem. Ill have to track down the 2 cd re-issues of Artch then.

Also, I didn't mean to offend about the DBC. I welcome ALL suggestions and i give what feedback i come across via the industry, etc. I just like to share information with everyone so people can all get a grasp of how this beast works. hahaha.

Oh no, no offense was made or taken :) But yeah those DBC reissues aren't that old (7 years?) and can understand that the market needs time to work up demand again.

If you haven't heard Earthshaker (I would think you know them since you're aware of the other heavy hitters of the era), check out their first 2 albums.

Hmm, I've been trying to think of more stuff that could be re-released. Not sure so this is my rambling of selections that 'would be awesome in a perfect world' list. Not comprehensive by any means!

Scatterbrain - Here Comes Trouble maybe?

I would like to say Overkill, the first 3 albums. Last I heard about that possibility was when Bobby was asked if they had any plans to remaster any of their albums he said something to effect of, "Leave them alone for posterity's sake". So, that's unlikely.

Kreator - Renewal. Hey I like that album! Sounds like hell though and it doesn't look like they will ever give it a proper remaster ... for some reason >_>

Diabolique - The Black Flower. The mix could be cleaned up a bit on this one. Not bad sounding by any means, just could stand to have dynamics brought out some.

Death Angel - Frolic In The Park. Maybe they have plans to put it out themselves like they did with The Ultra-Violence this year?

Metal Church - Blessing In Disguise. Pretty sure this hasn't been done by anyone yet and could really use it...

Oh no, no offense was made or taken :) But yeah those DBC reissues aren't that old (7 years?) and can understand that the market needs time to work up demand again.

If you haven't heard Earthshaker (I would think you know them since you're aware of the other heavy hitters of the era), check out their first 2 albums.

Hmm, I've been trying to think of more stuff that could be re-released. Not sure so this is my rambling of selections that 'would be awesome in a perfect world' list. Not comprehensive by any means!

Scatterbrain - Here Comes Trouble maybe?

I would like to say Overkill, the first 3 albums. Last I heard about that possibility was when Bobby was asked if they had any plans to remaster any of their albums he said something to effect of, "Leave them alone for posterity's sake". So, that's unlikely.

Kreator - Renewal. Hey I like that album! Sounds like hell though and it doesn't look like they will ever give it a proper remaster ... for some reason >_>

Diabolique - The Black Flower. The mix could be cleaned up a bit on this one. Not bad sounding by any means, just could stand to have dynamics brought out some.

Death Angel - Frolic In The Park. Maybe they have plans to put it out themselves like they did with The Ultra-Violence this year?

Metal Church - Blessing In Disguise. Pretty sure this hasn't been done by anyone yet and could really use it...

i LOVE Earthshaker. I have 5 albums on import. Great stuff.

Scatterbrain was done by Century Media in the 1999 Combat campaign. Not sure how rare it is once again since it wasn't part of their reboot "Deluxe Edition" campaign.

Overkill, like the Testament and Metal Church stuff is out of my grasp completely.

Kreator - I have no shot at that stuff either. :( I like Renewal too.

Diabolique - i hated that band, sorry.

Death Angel - is that box set out of print already? and the band reissued The Ultra-Violence?!

Keep the lists coming! :)

i LOVE Earthshaker. I have 5 albums on import. Great stuff.

Scatterbrain was done by Century Media in the 1999 Combat campaign. Not sure how rare it is once again since it wasn't part of their reboot "Deluxe Edition" campaign.

Overkill, like the Testament and Metal Church stuff is out of my grasp completely.

Kreator - I have no shot at that stuff either. :( I like Renewal too.

Diabolique - i hated that band, sorry.

Death Angel - is that box set out of print already? and the band reissued The Ultra-Violence?!

Keep the lists coming! :)

Good man. They got a little too soft for my tastes on that 3rd album though :p

They did? Huh, didn't even realize. I don't see a whole lot of people clamoring for Scatterbrain CDs though either hah.

Oh yeah, which is why I said, would be awesome in a perfect world scenario. Not really viable or realistic as it currently stands :p

Haha, I only really like that one album by them and Wedding the Grotesque to some degree. They're not for every one that's for sure nor does it really fit the Divebomb criteria I imagine!

Yep, that box is OOP and DA released TUV as a web exclusive on their site in June.

I'll try to think up some more later that could actually be doable :Spin:

Good man. They got a little too soft for my tastes on that 3rd album though :p

They did? Huh, didn't even realize. I don't see a whole lot of people clamoring for Scatterbrain CDs though either hah.

Oh yeah, which is why I said, would be awesome in a perfect world scenario. Not really viable or realistic as it currently stands :p

Haha, I only really like that one album by them and Wedding the Grotesque to some degree. They're not for every one that's for sure nor does it really fit the Divebomb criteria I imagine!

Yep, that box is OOP and DA released TUV as a web exclusive on their site in June.

I'll try to think up some more later that could actually be doable :Spin:

The tricky part for the Century Media Combat campaign of 1999 was that they didn't have rights to distribute any of it in the USA. Just outside the country which is why most people never knew.

I was a buyer for an independent record store here in Greenboro from 1994 until about 2008 i think. So i had access to everything and anything in that time period. I had hook ups with CM and scored that stuff under the table back then.

And yes in a perfect world Divebomb would have the biggest catalog of reissues known to mankind, but alas those WEA titles are left to labels like Wounded Bird to do. hahahaha, oh joy, right? I cannot slag them too hard as they did reissue the TRASH album i had been dying to get my hands on for years. hahaha.

It may be difficult, but maybe something from the East? Russian Shah?

Thanks man, I totally forgot to mention:

Mortifer - Euthanasia
I just heard a few songs but this band is really fuckin underrated.

+ a Re-Release of Hexenhaus - A Tribute To Insanity would kick arse aswell..
the songs would sound much better in a remastered version, the original version of it sounds more like a demo.

Thanks man, I totally forgot to mention:

Mortifer - Euthanasia
I just heard a few songs but this band is really fuckin underrated.

+ a Re-Release of Hexenhaus - A Tribute To Insanity would kick arse aswell..
the songs would sound much better in a remastered version, the original version of it sounds more like a demo.

Had a buddy reach out to Mike Wead about all three Hexenhaus records that are out of print and got nothing back, but i will keep trying. Those records are definitely on my reissue want list BIG TIME!

Ah man that sucks. Hope there is any chance to contact him. I know their facebook address for sure but Iam pretty much sure it's not run by the bandmembers..
If you could do anything to get in touch with the label of Mortifer that would rule aswell.. though they are..well...from Russia! :lol:

I just remembered something you really should look into! CELESTIAL PAIN was a Swedish thrash band formed out of the ashes of melodic death/black metallers UNANIMATED. They only released two demos (both in 1995) and these were reissued on vinyl only by Sway Records in 2004. 500 copies were made. Absolutely amazing stuff. Some of the best brutal thrash I've come across. Needs to be issued on cd!

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Celestial_Pain/Aggression/78133

I just remembered something you really should look into! CELESTIAL PAIN was a Swedish thrash band formed out of the ashes of melodic death/black metallers UNANIMATED. They only released two demos (both in 1995) and these were reissued on vinyl only by Sway Records in 2004. 500 copies were made. Absolutely amazing stuff. Some of the best brutal thrash I've come across. Needs to be issued on cd!

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Celestial_Pain/Aggression/78133

now THAT sounds like something totally awesome!

20060823214245.jpg