What songs/parts did the other guitarists in Nevermore write?

specialedyaay

New Metal Member
Feb 17, 2006
Well on the latest one it says exactly which songs Steve Smyth wrote, but what about Politics and Dreaming? What songs did Pat O'Brien and Tim Calvert write? Or was their contribution just a few riffs here and there?

It doesn't really say in the notes to those CDs, so some of you must know!

WinterSolstice said:
Tim did Beyond Within, Deconstruction, Cenotaph, All Play Dead. Jim did Forever and some of The Lotus Eaters. Loomy did the rest, as far as I know.

I thought Holocaust of Thought was Jim's first Nevermore writing credit?

Vic Rattlehead said:
I thought Holocaust of Thought was Jim's first Nevermore writing credit?

No, but he did mention in an interview (BW&BK) that it was the first one he ever did with bridges and changes all by himself. If you're talking about an actual credit listed on a CD for the listener to know who did what, I believe his first with Nevermore was Dead Heart In A Dead World (check the booklet). The members in Sanctuary were sticklers for who got credit for what, so you can always check what Jim did on those albums, as well.

Sentient 6 said:
Pat was responsible for the main verse riff in 7 tongues, and the outro riff at the end of next in line

Wow, I would've guessed more than those. Seems like Jeff is a bit more twisted in his riff writing than I thought.
Thanks for filling me in, Politics fucking rules.