Whats the deal with the Randall RG100?

It's built like a tank but the tone is nothing special. Nice for a cheap transistor amp, but pretty useless for recording purposes IMHO.

Are you serious?
Thats the tightest tone ive heard on this forum!

Edit:
Oh, by the way, its the mid 80's Randall RG100's that owns(Those Dimebag used.).

I actually dig that tone! I just wanted to know if this was some sick-ass once in a lifetime deal, or whatever. I'll probably pass it up then, since I don't need another semi-quality amp. Now an ENGL SE on the other hand...

wait wat

I actually made that clip when I was selling the amp so I could give the potential buyers an idea of it's tone, but decided not to upload it 'cause I was afraid no-one would buy it 'cause of that clip :lol:

To my ears it sounds too thin and powerless, but guess it's just a matter of taste :) Thanks for the compliments!

wait wat

I actually made that clip when I was selling the amp so I could give the potential buyers an idea of it's tone, but decided not to upload it 'cause I was afraid no-one would buy it 'cause of that clip :lol:

To my ears it sounds too thin and powerless, but guess it's just a matter of taste :) Thanks for the compliments!

:lol:

I think its the opposite!
Its tight as f*ck and kicks you so hard in the nuts that you can feel the taste of blood and catfood. :headbang:

It's just your everyday hi-gain cheapo tranny combo with crap speakers. I had an RH200G2 head, did it's job but nothing special. Here's a quick and sloppy clip with it using impulses: http://www.syliin.com/jarkko/Randalltest.mp3

It's built like a tank but the tone is nothing special. Nice for a cheap transistor amp, but pretty useless for recording purposes IMHO.

That sounds good here.

You don't happen to remember the settings at the amp? I played at one of those before I got my 6505+ and never sold it 'cos the money you get for it is near to nothing and I still think it sounds pretty good.

If I didn't get it wrong, Morgana Lefay used that amp for their last album "Aberrations of the mind".

You don't happen to remember the settings at the amp? I played at one of those before I got my 6505+ and never sold it 'cos the money you get for it is near to nothing and I still think it sounds pretty good.

If I didn't get it wrong, Morgana Lefay used that amp for their last album "Aberrations of the mind".

Can't recall the exact settings, but it was the modern overdrive channel, lows really down (the amp is ridiculously bassy by nature) and gain around 11-12 o'clock. I think I used the FX send and some of Guitarhack's impulses.

It's just your everyday hi-gain cheapo tranny combo with crap speakers. I had an RH200G2 head, did it's job but nothing special. Here's a quick and sloppy clip with it using impulses: http://www.syliin.com/jarkko/Randalltest.mp3

No dumbass its a signature amp