What's the nicest thing someone has ever said to/about you?

Hey Hilj, you're taking this too seriously ;)
The joke doesnt say anything about guys, it's just one situation. Maybe the guy is an idiot and the girl better off without him, who knows.. Im sure it happens the other way round as well, I just liked the image, that's all. I didnt mean to generalize or anything.. just one joke about one situation :p

right. the "let's just be friends" line normally gets delivered to guys, but it's not exclusive to them. i've been on the receiving end for at least 10 times in the past 4 years and i'm not a guy. but i concur that it mostly happens to men.

:p i'm not taking it that seriously, i rarely take things seriously, but i love arguing. arguing is a medicine for me, and better do it here than with my wall.

i was just writing my point of view on a subject that that post brought up to my mind, not necessarily that one guy, but the millions of people that actually seriously follow that line of thought.

sorry, but there are so many people whose skin i'd peel off in every day's life that once the subject is brought on here or with my friends i need to let it out.

Bash.org said:
DragonflyBlade21: A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, you're a great guy, but I don't like you in that way. This is roughly the equivalent for the guy of going to a job interview and the company saying, You have a great resume, you have all the qualifications we are looking for, but we're not going to hire you. We will, however, use your resume as the basis for comparison for all other applicants. But, we're going to hire somebody who is far less qualified and is probably an alcoholic. And if he doesn't work out, we'll hire somebody else, but still not you. In fact, we will never hire you. But we will call you from time to time to complain about the person that we hired.
It's funny cos it's true! :lol:

:')

:'(

*Sigh*