Why isn't Tomi J writing songs?

papajohnny

Dec 9, 2012
Leskovac, Serbia
I remember reading in some interview a while ago Tomi J saying he basically refuses to write songs for Amo.
My memory might not serve me right, but looking through the songs of the latest albums, none was written by him, majority instead being by Esa and Sande (and Koippari I guess).
Niclas has written some songs, I believe (I know he wrote Perkele for sure) and I think there was some stuff by Jan on older albums...though I'm not sure about him.

Anyway, Tomi plays guitars and drums in several other bands (right?), but does he write songs there? And why doesn't he write songs in Amo?

Tomi J wrote Sign and From Earth I Rose, as well as part of the music on the Sinisthra album. The CMC 10" doesn't come with any writers' credits, unfortunately, and I have no idea about Funeral Jacket either. Niclas hasn't been credited with any song since Perkele and Jan only wrote some lyrics for the first album.

Tomi J wrote Sign and From Earth I Rose?
Hell, those are some of my favorite songs, but I don't have them on discs (I don't have Skyforger yet, and Silent Waters is missing a bonus track).

Oh well, mystery solved. I guess my memory serves me poorly, after all.

But since we're mentioning Sign, something came to my mind.
Since I have no lyrics in booklet, and there is no info on the net, what do they sing in the "chant" part of the song...I'm referring to this.

I can only speculate, but I don't think my speculations are anywhere near correct.

My belief is Esa is the father of the band. Other guys get a chance, if it feels good it gets a chance. Then they practice and rehash the song, so much of the band does put into something that in the end it doesn't matter. But Esa has the whip and keeps the band in check, which is good because if someone didn't steer the ship, they would have been gone long ago. It takes EVERYONE to still want to be on the ship, and the shipmates are still on board.

It may be too difficult at some point on some songs to say "I wrote this' and then "I have that' but "the riff is mine" but remember, they amorphed and work together and eventually agree on something. That's the magic and mayhem?

So the answer is THEY ALL wrote it? And that's a hard act to follow? LOL?

I know you are trying to be specific on a certian song so I can't help. Just ask Sande, or Niclas, or the new singer, or Jan or the real cool guitar player that shares the name of the new singer I think his name is TOMI :kickass:

Hopefully someday I'll see them again and could answer your question.

:kickass:kickass::worship:n:worship:notworthy:worship:notworthy:worship:hip::worship::worship::zomb::loco:y::goggly

I better go to bed, I've had a few too many :kickass:
Don't want to: :puke:
And tomorrow mornig: :rolleyes::mad::cry: