women who hate other women

Allan said:
Bah, Tools is just sweettalking yous. Another thing, very easy to tell women what they want to hear.

Yeah, but somehow you always seem to get to the difficult end of it :D meaning that you never say anything we'd like to hear, hehe, even if you know what it is. Why is that so?

And yes, I am particularizing now.

Allan said:

Okay, that's too black-and-white, and not necessarily correct I think. Let's see, if I say I find you intelligent, I'm honest. Would you prefer hearing something negative about you or would you rather I shut up about you altogether?

I'm not taking the piss, I'd like to hear your opinion on this. Some people are just unable to make or take compliments, and I'm interested in the reasons. Also, some people think that compliments are lies (here's Trona, for example), or if I make a compliment to someone I mean something else, or I want to get something.

So why is it hard to believe that saying something nice to someone is good in itself, that it makes me content?

Erm, not quite sure whether we're talking specifically or in general here. I would never mind people telling me their honest opinion to me, of course I'd probably have objections to it. And I'd rather hear everything people think than just a tiny part of it, which would leave me having a wrong impression, good or bad. If we're talking specifically, the whole thing isn't really that important, is it? Internet and all, but the same goes anyways.

As for taking compliments, the whole thing is fucked up because insincere compliments seem so common.

I don't think saying something nice to someone is good, if you don't mean it, is saying it to get on someone's good side or just plainly have no basis for saying it.

This thing got uncomfortably serious now.

Well, the last sentence, I don't want to go into uncomfortable fathoms :p I guess that's something that's disliked in me sometimes anyway.

But about specific and general things, how can you live your life measuring the general things and saying that if we talk specifically it's not really that important? I think that's the only important thing.

As for the compliments and honesty, I hereby declare I mean each of them. One of my friends sent three album reviews he wrote and I couldn't tell him they were great cause they weren't. Okay, I didn't say right away they were shit, but I tried to explain it to him what was wrong with them in my opinion.

Being too defensive against compliments is wrong too, in my opinion :) it won't make you any stronger. Though being too defensive is hardly a matter of choice either.

Dunno, I'm just babbling away.

Dhatura said:
But about specific and general things, how can you live your life measuring the general things and saying that if we talk specifically it's not really that important? I think that's the only important thing.

Dunno, I'm just babbling away.

I meant in this case, as it's across the internet and we don't really know eachother and all that, not specifically in general :Spin: .

I'll echo your last sentence :p , meaning I'm just babbling too.

how can men understand women when women dont understand women and men dont understand men?

anyway, does it really matter? seeing, talking, smelling, tasting, felling, its all better than understanding. easier too.

(hope you get my point like)

sol83 said:
how can men understand women when women dont understand women and men dont understand men?

anyway, does it really matter? seeing, talking, smelling, tasting, felling, its all better than understanding. easier too.

indeed sol, indeed!

boo
cut the crap about sexes being equal and the same...that there are jealous people in both sexes. i've heard enough of that, im not buying it any more.

of course people are people, be it man or woman. everyone gets jealous all the time. but the subject here is different. not many men are jealous of their sex...like if someone is handsome, fine, good for them.

but women are vicious. they are not like that. they feel threatened in the presence of another pretty or successful or attention-taking woman.

DONT DENY IT.

Don Corleone said:
boo
cut the crap about sexes being equal and the same...that there are jealous people in both sexes. i've heard enough of that, im not buying it any more.

of course people are people, be it man or woman. everyone gets jealous all the time. but the subject here is different. not many men are jealous of their sex...like if someone is handsome, fine, good for them.

but women are vicious. they are not like that. they feel threatened in the presence of another pretty or successful or attention-taking woman.

DONT DENY IT.

Not many men are jealous of their sex...? hahahha, even on this forum I can tell when a man's post smells of jealousy, wrapped up in malevolence. Nothing wrong with that though, I find it funny.

If someone is handsome, fine, good for them --- I agree with that, but it took a long time and a lot of embarrassment and low self-esteem before I could actually feel this way. If you haven't had many complexes about your appearance, that makes things easier in this respect too.

The thing is "another pretty or successful or attention-taking woman" is not threatening, but those women are threatening who actually threaten the relationship, you can just feel that. And it hasn't got much to do with the looks, success or attention. I could tell right away who the actual girl was, and she wasn't better than me, she was just new and younger and maybe more fun cause she had time, oh well. (How consoling, after two years I can take an objective stance, haha.)

sol83 said:

(hope you get my point like)

I understand you :D But I'd say understanding is good too, I agree that it's not easy though.

Especially understanding that the other doesn't see things the way you do.

hm, I remember there were quite a few guys who didnt like that archenar posted his pics here... well at the same time also quite a few girls didnt like the pics of pos... so it must be pretty equal on this board ;)

JEALOUSY ----------------------------------------------- FREEDOM

Please put a cross on the jealousy-freedom spectrum where you think the particular story would go.

Story 1: Achernar posts a picture of his girlfriend, then Squeel caca-distorts it and Mehdi laughs.

Story 2: PoS posts a picture of herself, then disappears, then Strangelight starts a thread to tempt her back, then bender the offender posts evil smilies. Mehdi still laughs.

Story 3: Alwin posts a picture of himself, then tells us he shaved his head, then Susie suggests he should get a dick tattoo on his head.

Story 4: Alwin posts another picture of himself, then Ikeaboy asks what it's all about. Mehdi laughs.

Story 5: Strangelight posts a picture of Ikeaboy, nothing happens, then he posts another picture of Ikeaboy, then all the girls post wavey and jumpey smilies. Mehdi laughs.

Story 6: Strangelight thinks he's floating above everyone else's head meanwhile he's continuously scoring goals to Manchester United.

Story 7: Dhatura thinks she's the goddess of wisdom. Mehdi laughs.

Story 8: Susie thinks she's the goddess of love. Tools thinks love has a god, not a goddess.

Story 9: Dora thinks she's THE goddess.

Story 10: Bambi and Allan think everyone else is a twat.

Story 11: Morpheus thinks a lot but never says a word -- but his name is satan, wait and see.

Story 12: Sol thinks he's the little god of the Sun and English literature.

Story 13: Su Jacko thinks she's Dionysos.

Story 14: Danny is confused about his godly status and a lot more.

Story 15: Mehdi thinks it's all bullshit cause god is Allah and you can all fuck off.