X-mass Festivals 2002

Mocika

Root Of All Evil
Jun 9, 2002
Tent No. 1
www.heavymetal.hu
There is two festivals those go around Europe from year by year now... making the fans of extreme music happy. The winter edition is called 'X-Mass festival' and this year the following bands are going to perform there:
Six Feet Under - Marduk - Dying Fetus- Immolation - Kataklysm - Hate Eternal - Impaled Nazarene - Macabre

dates:
12/11 Essen, D Zeche Karl
12/12 Berlin, D Columbia Halle Fritz
12/13 Zwickau, D Alarm
12/14 Vienna, A Planet Music
12/15 Wels, A Schlachthof 12/16 Pratteln, CH Z7
12/17 Munchen, D Babylon
12/18 Hamburg, D Markthalle
12/19 Ludwigsburg, D Rock Fabrik
12/20 Strasbourg, FR La Laiterie *
12/21 Antwerpen, BL Hof Ter Loo*
12/22 Tilburg, NL 013**
* w/ Exodus ** w/ Exodus, Forlorn, & Callenish Circle

xmas_festival.jpg

I wonder who is going to see them?

ps: I'm going to Vienna!! Opacity?

14 or 15? i've checked several sites.. somwhere they write 14th, somewhere it's 15th... anyway we will be there:)

I'm dying to see Katalysm!!!

Opacity: will we meet?;)

it will definitely be the 15.12.02 for vienna (the venue at least knows their schedule ;) )

yeah, would be awesome to meet you!
you just have to tell me at what time you're there :)

do you know how to get to Planet Music?

:mad: :mad: half of the guys who wanted to come cancelled ... now we wait for another guy if he want to come with a car and only 4 ppl... if not... seems im going to take the train alone...

hey opacity... i may need your help to tell me how to get to Planet from Westbahnhof... we will see...:confused:

from Westbahnhof you take the underground U6 (direction: Floridsdorf) till Handelskai and from there you can choose either bus 5A (direction: Griegstrasse) or 11A (direction: Heiligenstadt) - whichever comes earlier - either bus: go till Leystrasse.
go around the corner and Planet Music awaits you :)

Plan.gif

you can also get off 1 station earlier (Friedrich Engels Platz), from there you just cross the street

is there no train that goes in the afternoon? I mean Budapest-Vienna is not that far...

but if you like, you can come one day earlier and stay overnight at my place :)

Thanks for the offer opacity! seems we can go by car.. but thats a bit expensive... so i still may take the train...

Anyway, I hope we meet there! :headbang:

ps: i think i will wear a black-white military t-shirt and I will have a photo camera with me too.. and i don`t speak German :lol: so it will be easy to recognize me..

thanks rakatak :)

well, the Austrian gig started as a little botch-up: it said on the ticket and also at the venue's website, that the start-off is at 17:00, but in fact Ragnarök started at 16:30, which I got to know later :(
my personal impressions are:
Legion is still a funny drunk bunny onstage :) this time he even left blood in austria :lol: damn nose-bleed.... I havn't seen how come, maybe one of the crazy fans punched his nose while fistbanging :p or maybe he punched himslef with the spikes? dunno, maybe Mocika has seen details :)

I noticed almost no banging or moving during Hate Eternal's set --- why? I guess cos all were stunned and stood there jawdropping, watching that guy working (literally) on his guitar -- I'm no musician, but this even impressed me :eek:

hm... most fan-action got Kataklysm *me believes so*

Impaled Nazarene .. :) ok, no words :p (you really didn't understand anything ;) ) I just noticed that the singer's face turned red and redder, screaming his guts out, but the mike just wouldn't let the audience hear a decent tone... :( funny, the other microphones beside the main mike were clearly audible and all, only the main one not :confused:

it got better after Imp.Naz. though.

I wonder why the fest was at Planet Music, usually such events take place at the Arena, which is 1. the better location/venue/surrounding for such events, and 2. has the more appropriate sound for such.

I hope No Mercy next year remains at the Arena! :err:

Originally posted by opacity

Legion is still a funny drunk bunny onstage :) this time he even left blood in austria :lol: damn nose-bleed.... I havn't seen how come, maybe one of the crazy fans punched his nose while fistbanging :p or maybe he punched himslef with the spikes? dunno, maybe Mocika has seen details :)
his nose just started to bleed... nobody hurted him, he was standing alone when it happened.. maybe he is just too old now to headbang :lol:

I noticed almost no banging or moving during Hate Eternal's set -
might be the ppl were surprised by such a complex music made by 3 men only :)

hm... most fan-action got Kataklysm *me believes so*
yeah.. they were the first band who made the crowd enjoy the evening. Maurizio is a great frontman.

I hope No Mercy next year remains at the Arena! :err: [/B]
hm.. actually for me it was better to go to the Planet now... i could wait in the hall till my things were done :)

SFU also kicked ass to that night. I dont think i need to say anything about Chris Barnes.. his voice is incredible...