y'all know living colour is coming to melbourne, right?

TinMan666

Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
www.tintitaniumarchives.com
I'm sure there are a few fans here, and since this seems to be the worst promoted tour of all time, I thought i'd make sure everyone knew that this was coming up.

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/search/search.asp?type=EVENT&search=living+colour

LIVING COLOUR METRO NIGHTCLUB, VIC
Venue Info Select Date =================== Tue 16 May, 8:30PM Wed 17 May, 8:30PM Thu 18 May, 8:30PM

THE LIVING COLOUR MASTERCLASS - COREY GLOVER'S VOCALS METRO NIGHTCLUB, VIC
Venue Info Mon 15 May, 8:30PM

THE LIVING COLOUR MASTERCLASS - DOUG WIMBISH'S BASS GUITAR METRO NIGHTCLUB, VIC
Venue Info Mon 15 May, 7:15PM

THE LIVING COLOUR MASTERCLASS - VIP MASTERCLASS METRO NIGHTCLUB, VIC
Venue Info Mon 15 May, 6:00PM

THE LIVING COLOUR MASTERCLASS - WILL CALHOUN'S DRUMS METRO NIGHTCLUB, VIC
Venue Info Mon 15 May, 9:30PM

THE LIVING COLOUR MASTERLCASS - VERNON REID'S GUITAR METRO NIGHTCLUB, VIC
Venue Info Mon 15 May, 6:00PM

Wtf?! I had no idea!

I'm fucking cut I missed them in 1993 or 1994, so this is possibly the best news ever! Thanks Dave!

I went to Ticketmaster at Myer in the city today, and they said I was the first person who had bought a ticket from them. I got tickets to the first two shows.

I then emailed Beat magazine (the most prominent street press), who were amazed that Living Colour were touring, as they'd heard nothing of it! They're going to put something in the next edition.

It's being promoted by Will Rock You Events. I've never bloody heard of them, but going on info on the ATO website they seem to have some connection to Michael Coppell. Whoever they are, they're doing a really fucking shit job.

Yeah it does really. Are they going anywhere other than Melbourne? And why have they got THREE shows booked if they're not going to promote them?! Bizarre.

If all shows do go ahead I'll no doubt buy a ticket for the third one as well.

Brian could you have a word with the guy you know and get him to ship some CDs down to JB in the city here. There are no LC CDs there!

Yeah, fair enough. :)

I contacted In Press magazine yesterday, and they said the promoter said he didn't want their help!! o_O

I'm afraid there'll only be 14 people there tonight, but at least the tickets are being advertised on Ticketmaster's front page now, so there's still hope. http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/

Well it was a pretty awesome show last night, and the crowd wasn't half as bad as I thought it might have been.

Dave can you confirm this setlist, broken down by album?

Vivid:
Cult of Personality
Middle Man
Open Letter (to a Landlord)
Funny Vibe
Memories Can't Wait
Glamour Boys

Time's Up:
Time's Up
Love Rears its Ugly Head
Type

Stain:
Go Away
Ignorance is Bliss

Collideoscope:
Flying
Sacred Ground
Tomorrow Never Knows

I'm sure I've forgotten a couple, and maybe even got one or two wrong.

Woohoo, I'm doing it all over again tonight. :)

Ah yes, In Your Name.

Yeah it was great! Last night's was good as well. I enjoyed the first show better, partly because it was the first time I'd seen them, and partly because of where I stood.

When I went in the guy at the ticket booth gave me and Mrs Winmar a wristband which would get us up those side stairs on the left, because I turned up on Tuesday night as well. We had a great view up there, but the sound was shit, due to being behind the line of the speakers, so we went downstairs after about 45 minutes. We stood roughly were us three stood on Tuesday, but on the left hand side. The sound was much better there, so we enjoyed it more.

Anyway, the setlist was pretty similar, but they also played Desperate People (opener) , Solace of You (closer), Elvis is Dead and Bi. Actually a guy called Russell Smith opened, playing didgeridoo for a few minutes. He also came back on and played it during Solace of You.

Anyway, I'm gonna head back over there for tonight's gig shortly. If you're not there, Dave, I'm gonna come over to your work and kidnap you. Your boss won't mind.

I don't know what's more depressing - that fact that I'm not watching Living Colour again tonight, or that Dave and I are the only ones here who listen to them. :(

Anyway, last night's show was great. I stood three people back, so had a really good view. They mostly played stuff I'd already heard the previous two nights, but also did Wall and a new song. The Aboriginal dude came out on the didgeridoo again. I shook Doug's hand and got one of Vernon's picks, which was nice. Toto were on the side of the stage at the end, and came out and hugged the LC guys. I didn't know who the fuck they were till I saw a band picture in a magazine this arvo though.