Your first Hypocrisy song

When I was a lovely teenaged drunk one of our designated drivers used to play metal in his car. I totally fell in love with one of his CDs and especially with its tracks 2, 6 and 10. But I never remembered the name.

Several years later I heard a band called Hypocrisy and their song Eraser from TV. And that's how it all started. When I bought The Final Chapter I was :OMG: It was a sentimental moment, a real memory lane of my youth.

Me it was Eraser, then I got in to Pain, and started to get interested in Peter's other projets, and then I realy discovered Hypocrisy, now I just can't wait untill they start touring again !!

I don't remember when was the first time I heard about Hypocrisy, but i remember HOW it happened. I was watching headbanger's ball on mtv, and on that night the music repertoire was lame as fuck, but than, when I was in the kitchen, I heard this AWESOME song- it was Fire in the Sky. I ran back to the tv and tried to record the song ( and failed -.-). I remember seeing Peter ( topless ^^) doing his windmill headbang :D w00t!
and from that day on, I am hooked.
--and yes, I know I sound like a 13 year old fan girl :oops:

so everyone here are nOObs but me???? :p

no one has discovered Hypocrisy when Masse was still part of the band??

I am VERY happy I didn´t discover Hypocrisy while Masse was in it. That would´ve been a mistake of a lifetime ´cos then I´d never had given the band a chance.

I discovered both albums Hypocrisy- Hypocrisy and Pain- Rebirth side by side and songs like Elastic Inverted Visions and On and On were the ones that made me fall in love to the man, god, who is named Peter Tägtgren.
Also, I can proudly say (though some people might think differently) that Catch 22 and especially the song Destroyed had also a huge impact on me that made the feelings even stronger.

And by the way...
I´ve said it before and here goes again: They should´ve released the new version from The Fourth Dimension, NOT Catch 22. That´s all I gotta say.

I am VERY happy I didn´t discover Hypocrisy while Masse was in it. That would´ve been a mistake of a lifetime ´cos then I´d never had given the band a chance.

I discovered both albums Hypocrisy- Hypocrisy and Pain- Rebirth side by side and songs like Elastic Inverted Visions and On and On were the ones that made me fall in love to the man, god, who is named Peter Tägtgren.
Also, I can proudly say (though some people might think differently) that Catch 22 and especially the song Destroyed had also a huge impact on me that made the feelings even stronger.

And by the way...
I´ve said it before and here goes again: They should´ve released the new version from The Fourth Dimension, NOT Catch 22. That´s all I gotta say.

Well, maybe there'll be a "20 years of chaos and confusion" with more old shit re-recorded, necronomicon, god is a lie, and so on...

pfft, we have had enough of rerecordings and stuff like that, living in the past is a big no no, old Hypo albums sound fine and the future of an healthy band doesnt lie in its past

That's one thing I hafta say I love about Hypocrisy...... Most bands tend to purposely forget the first 3-4 CD's and only play new music live, but they do literally everything

I'm not sure, honestly. I had heard of Hypocrisy, but had never given them a listen. Then I went to the Hypocrisy/Dark Tranquillity/Soilwork show back in...2004? 2005? And they blew me away. I will say though, they did play a few from the set and was enjoying, but Eraser was the one that won me over.

pfft, we have had enough of rerecordings and stuff like that, living in the past is a big no no, old Hypo albums sound fine and the future of an healthy band doesnt lie in its past

+1

I remember the entire osculum obscenum and the fourth dimension albums because my brother was a fan back in the nineties but I wasn't (too young) and as we live in the same room I was forced to listen to metal hahahaha...

this was in 2000-2001 i think... also remember "roswell 47" from and old vhs from my brother with videos taped from mtv's headbanger's ball. I loved the video and all the studio shit.

hypocrisy came here in 2004 in the very best moment for me, when I was discovering all the other albums... so that was a great moment :Smokin:

That had to be Roswell 47.

We had a show on a musicstation here in the Netherlands called "Wet & Wild" and it was an hour long heavy metal clips. That's were I discovered a lot of metal when I was new to the metalscene. Too bad there aren't shows like that anymore...

FinaL Chapter Album....the song Adjusting the Sun..it simply kicks ass , and when i listened to their older stuff,,i discovered " Paradox" it's fuckin deep.