Artwork dudes, need some stuff for our Dio Tribute album!

DanLights

Santa Hat Forever
So I'm calling all dudes who can do cool artwork cause I know there are many here in the forum, to see if someone is kind enough to do the artwork for our Dio Tribute album out of charity cause we are all doing this out of pure love and do not plan to gain any income of this.

In fact, the idea has been brought up and will probably be done that we might sell the album as a digital download for a very low price and that all profit would go to a charity that Dio supported.

So you can check the thread about the tribute and see what we are doing, and you can post here any ideas, or opinions, etc. And thanks to anyone who proposes something!

Here's the thread of the tribute http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/594662-sneap-forum-dio-tribute-album-thread.html

Did we ever decide on an actual title for this? I'm definately gonna do some artwork drafts..

-P

I'll probably post them in this thread and just PM you to let you know it's up or something...

-P

I like the style.. reminiscent of dio's albums' fantasy style yet connected to reality.. like the way the rainbow is barely there and seems to imply the 'way' to 'heaven' finally.. also, i really like the blades of grass in focus in the front.
but i'm not too fond of the "To heaven through" font.. i dunno really what would go.. but this doesn't seem right to me.
the roses near the headstone seem too saturated imo and stand out too much.
and the dark clouds that are between the rainbow and headstone seem too sudden i think.. like there should be a more gradual darken-ing of the clouds.. or else maybe define an outline for them to assert that they do start there...
great work overall.. me likes!

I think the "AS forum" should be in it's full form "Andy Sneap forum" and the text anyways a bit more clear... like non-translucent and and in some font similiar to this:

75dea924bfb27c0296ef065173b.jpg

I can throw two boulders at the bottom if you like, lol..

-P

yeh i realized that earlier, i have the booklet template as well and i changed it on here, just didn't feel like updating the dropbox file at the time... haha

-P